Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Prior to the summer of 2008 when the 'push badge' appeared, they will be red, black or grey, 2.2, 2.4 or 3.2 only though.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
the early ones - 07/08. Ti was a special edition back then, not just a trim level, and came with absolutely everything, some of which became options on the later versions where it was a trim level available in any colour with any engine :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
the early ones - 07/08. Ti was a special edition back then, not just a trim level, and came with absolutely everything, some of which became options on the later versions where it was a trim level available in any colour with any engine :thumbs:
Any engine apart from the 1.8mpi or the 1.9jts.

Any colour apart from rubino red, oltramare blue, aurora blue, and titanio grey

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
aah now you've got me, i'm not sure :lol:

i know full leather sports seats were standard on the first Ti's, but i think the newer versions are only half leather as standard

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aah now you've got me, i'm not sure :lol:

i know full leather sports seats were standard on the first Ti's, but i think the newer versions are only half leather as standard
It's gotta be leather in an Alfa. That's half the experience!

I need to find out exact standard specs do I know what I'll be getting, when I eventually get one

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found this

Alfa 159 Gains Ti Version - Next Car Pty Ltd - 28th August, 2007

Ok, it's Australian, but there is a lot of detail on the spec and points out each item at the end. Only on petrol variants mind. Written August 2007 so would this tie in with the 'best specs' of 2007? When it was limited edition?

No mention of a 'winter pack' if there ever was such a thing (wouldnt need that in Oz surely?) or a visibility pack. Were these ever really standard?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Ti Limited edition (07/08)

Sports leather seats, electrically adjustable with 3 position memory
Power folding heated 3 position memory door mirrors in satin silver
60/40 folding rear seats
3 stage heated front seats
Black headlining
Sports steering wheel and gear knob - red stitched
Darkened metal trim
Red brake calipers
19 inch wheels
Visibility pack (rain, light, mist, dazzle, sensors - electro/photocromatic mirror, auto lights, wipers and demist)
Metallic paint (red, black or grey)
Blue and Me
Rear parking sensors
Ti kickplates

In 2008 it lost the power adjustment on the seats along with the memory for the mirrors (and seats, obviously) and the power fold mirrors, along with the metallic paint. (price went up...) but engine and colour options opened up.

for 2011 it lost the leather as well, the dash insers changed to a black brushed material. (price went up...)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Yep. My 57 plate was a 2.2. Fine car but missing Q4 & a pair of cylinders:(

Wish I'd bought a new V6 when I had the chance. If I had, there's every chance I'd still be owning it:D

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yes. As opposed to the proper mechanical Q2 (which I don't think was put on the 159).

The 'Electronic' just plays with the ABS and throttle to prevent the inside wheel spinning.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Don't forget the pre 08 model cars will be the old heavyweight 'humpty dumpty' cars. Maybe more trim, but lots more kgs too :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes. As opposed to the proper mechanical Q2 (which I don't think was put on the 159).

The 'Electronic' just plays with the ABS and throttle to prevent the inside wheel spinning.
Yes, don't believe Q2 mech diff has ever been available. Thought the e diff was came on s3 but glad to see different.:cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't forget the pre 08 model cars will be the old heavyweight 'humpty dumpty' cars. Maybe more trim, but lots more kgs too :lol::lol::lol:
True, but the 2008 on cars aren't exactly an Elise either. Does anyone know the actual weight difference for an otherwise identical car pre/post 2008? The figures I've seen vary wildly!

Ian A.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts