Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using Autogglym glass polish, and even though i really like it, I'm looking for something a little harder wearing and something that comes recommend from people who know a lot more than me when it comes to things like this!!:rofl:

I have looked at a few other products but most seem to be like a windowlene type stuff used to actually clean the glass and not put a hydroscopic film on the screen to repel the water.

So what do you recommend or am I better sticking with what I use now??

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
I use the Autoglym cream polish followed by the Rain X spray cleaner. Then once in a while the Rain X treatment. This means at a medium speed the water just runs off. I also use the Rain X products on the aircraft windscreen and canopy, there aren't any wipers but there is a big fan to help blow the water away.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i used some turtle wax swirl and scratch remover i had lying around this afternoon, it's intended for paint, but it did a pretty good job. i have a crystal clear windscreen now.

alot of these car products have multiple uses. you could even use a low abrasive household cleaner aswell. i'd recommend doing a test spot first though wouldn't want to go crazy and slap it all over and ruin your glass.

0000 steel wool is good for glass

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the recommendations, I really appreciate it. I have decided to try Rain x as recommended and bought some off Amazon late last night that should hopefully come tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised how cheap it was too, which was a bonus!
Once again, thank you.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I could never get in with Rain-X, it always seemed to leave the windows a bit cloudy. Maybe it was my technique.
Instead I’ve used Autoglym Aquawax as you can just spray it on after washing/cleaning and then everything just beads up and runs off. I found it much easier. Just use it sparingly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
GTECHNIQ G4 Nanotech Glass Polish followed by the G1 Water Repellent Coating. You can thank me later...

I use the repellant on my bike helmet visor too as it's polycarbonate safe- unlike Rain-X etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts