Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an '05' 156 lusso with a nokia phone cradle fitted. Does anyone know which nokia model fits in the cradle? I presume these were dealer fitted systems? If it will help I can post a pic, unless as I have said, they were universal.

Many thanks,

Billy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bet its aftermarket, my money is on the 6300 fitting as these were really popular (still have mine sitting in box)

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
It will have a part number on it somewhere ...

I've got an old one somewhere too ... but none of the new mobile fit and I don't think it's convertible .. :-(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Alot of the older Nokia kits are for the 6230 (Which was the most popular business devise at one point) later replaced by the 6300 and now the 6303 so cold be any of these really.

A pic will help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for all your help. i started off by googling the serial number and got more details. The nokia 6230 is one of many mobiles that will fit in the cradle, however more importantly, I found out that it has a blue tooth connection that will automatically connect to my phone when I turn the ignition on, called nokia ck-7w. Result!!!

Billy

·
Registered
381 Posts
you have a ck 7 w with an mbc15 cradle then at the moment. You need the bluetooth button to be able to use the bluetooth function on this to the best of its ability. The button is sort of tear drop shape with a twisty ring round the edge and nokia writen across the front. If you have one of these fitted all you need to do is pair your phone to the kit, the passcode is 0000 a tough one to remember I know. The worst bit about nokia bluetooth is that it only really works with nokia phones. Other phones will connect to it no problem but when on a call you will get all sorts of feed back issuses either you will hear yourself talking or the person your talking to will hear themselves really annoying when it happens. Btw if you don't have a button fitted give me a shout just cleaned my shed out and found a few so i can send you one no problem. Oh and lastly you can change the cradle you have fitted aswell to fit certain other nokia phones but the new nokias are bluetooth only these days dumb if you ask me.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Manufactuers are moving away from fixed cradle kits - the idea with a Bluetooth kit is that you can have your phone locked in your glovebox or away in the boot ect and use the above mentioned button to make and recieve calls.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Manufactuers are moving away from fixed cradle kits - the idea with a Bluetooth kit is that you can have your phone locked in your glovebox or away in the boot ect and use the above mentioned button to make and recieve calls.
indeed good for the light user but pants if your a business user

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you have a ck 7 w with an mbc15 cradle then at the moment. You need the bluetooth button to be able to use the bluetooth function on this to the best of its ability. The button is sort of tear drop shape with a twisty ring round the edge and nokia writen across the front. If you have one of these fitted all you need to do is pair your phone to the kit, the passcode is 0000 a tough one to remember I know. The worst bit about nokia bluetooth is that it only really works with nokia phones. Other phones will connect to it no problem but when on a call you will get all sorts of feed back issuses either you will hear yourself talking or the person your talking to will hear themselves really annoying when it happens. Btw if you don't have a button fitted give me a shout just cleaned my shed out and found a few so i can send you one no problem. Oh and lastly you can change the cradle you have fitted aswell to fit certain other nokia phones but the new nokias are bluetooth only these days dumb if you ask me.
Hope that helps
Yeah, it has one of the wheels fitted, thanks for the offer. My nokia N97 works with the bluetooth kit fine, but does anyone know if i can upgrade the cradle?

Billy

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fraid not chap bluetooth only, what ive done is get a car charger and fit a new socket behind the dash and just have the other end coming out in a cubby hole so I dont have something stuck in the cig lighter all the time, just make sure its connected to an ignition supply

1 - 13 of 13 Posts