Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm thinking of buying a GT in the next few months but the spec is a bit confusing. I want a 1.9 Diesel . Am I right in thinking the cloverleaf is the top spec one? Also do they all have leather upholstery. Looking for 58 plate upwards. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cloverleaf and q2 are basically very similar spec. Cloverleaf has 2 diesel engines, 150 and 170hp versions, 170 has q2 diff fitted, you can tell by sport button by handbrake and position of cloverleaf badges on the wings rather than the boot, it's probably the one to go for if you can afford it. 58 plates probably start about9.5k mileage dependant

G

·
0 Posts
I think you can get a 2010 model. The limited edition SE in white was the last one they released...and it looks amazing!!! I think Guests have one at £13k (I want it!!!) but as Ian says the Cloverleaf 170bhp Q2 is the best spec

G

·
0 Posts
p.s **** all these diesel special edition ones off and get yourslef a 2006 3.2 V6....not that is the don :lol:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I had a standard 1.9 but it had the 18" Blackline teledial wheels, she was a stunner :)

My advice for what it's worth is don't go for the limited edition models like the blackline and the cloverleaf.

Get a standard low milage 1.9jtd, have it custom remapped and a q2 diff fitted for about £1k
upgrade the brakes for another couple of £100 and you will have an absolute peach :thumbs:

My old GT was putting out between 185/90 bhp could stop on a sixpence and handled like a dream :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought my GT Cloverleaf Q2 170 back in september i paid £11995 with 21k on the clock, but that was after 5 months of searching for the right one and i had to travel from manchester to hemel hempstead to get it! I love it.Totally Awesome!! no other way to describe it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I had a standard 1.9 but it had the 18" Blackline teledial wheels, she was a stunner :)

My advice for what it's worth is don't go for the limited edition models like the blackline and the cloverleaf.

Get a standard low milage 1.9jtd, have it custom remapped and a q2 diff fitted for about £1k
upgrade the brakes for another couple of £100 and you will have an absolute peach :thumbs:

My old GT was putting out between 185/90 bhp could stop on a sixpence and handled like a dream :)

Very wise words.... if you want to loose a fortune in 3 years spend 12k on a cloverleaf. If you want to have massive fun buy a decent spec Gt 1.9jtd get it remapped, and put your hard earned in a high interest savings account. The best car i ever owned was a 2004 Gt remapped and with a sorted chassis! The Gt is one of my all time favourite cars but i certainly was not going to be a mug and spend stupid money on one to have a cloverleaf badge on it! When you can have just as much fun in a well spec'd well looked after GT! My Gt could leave for dead and out handle any standard cloverleaf! God i miss her.:)

Damien.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm selling my cloverleaf after christmas (blue 170bhp Q2 23k miles), your welcome to it if you want. :lol:

Shameless plug I know. :eek:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts