Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, noticed opie oils have a 35% sale on Fuchs oils.. I need to buy some for an oil change, and so.. should I get the Esther proper expensive stuff.. Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W-60 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil

or the Fuchs Titan Supersyn full synthetic? Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN 10W-60 High Performance, Fully Synthetic, Engine Oil-5 Litres

Also, do I need to get 10 litres? As an oil change takes 6 if I remember correctly? And so getting 10 ensures theres plenty for top ups.. and next oil change? Buying 5 litres + 1 litre will leave me none for top ups?

1) is around £100 for 10 litres
2) is around £60 for 10 litres

?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Best available unless it uses some then I'd go for the next one down . However , I'd ignore the FUCHS and give it MILLERS NANODRIVE

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FUCHS gets extremely good reviews though (previously silkolene).

Another option is 10l of Valvoline for £83 delivered.

I'll investigate millers

edit: Millers nanodrive is way too pricey. Looks nice though!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going for the best FUCHS oil

Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W-60 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil

£84 delivered for 10 litres, pretty good I reccon

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I'd go with the millers. Run their oil in the BMW. I was always under the impression that fuchs was a bit of a lower spec brand but I know nothing me :lol:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Naa the FUCHS is top stuff :) Millers worked out at like £125 for 10 litres with discount.. I know you get what you pay for... but.. can't justify that. There's always something more expensive and better to buy, gotta draw the line somewhere.

·
Vendor
45,305 Posts
Voucher code?

I used Fuchs Titan race 10W50 Pro S (previously Silkolene) in my GTA.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah Dan - WEEKLYDEAL brought £20 off the price - I ordered the 10 x 60 .. should I have plumped for the 10 x 50?

nudge: if I could trouble sir to respond to his emails, that'd be excellent :)

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
I am running with the Gulf competition at the moment, also an ester based synthetic. I found it uses a bit less than the Selenia I used previously..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I've tried the gulf before.. it did seem good and woulda carried on with it, but had an oil change somewhere and they put Selenia in. Won't be sad to see the back of that stuff that's for sure.. crap containers, not great oil, hard to get hold of online.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm on Millers Nano... .and its holding up very well in hot and sweaty Singapore.

1) it warms up fast
2) engine revs well once oil is warmed up.
3) I hear a good roar now from the engine (ok, its not a proper real world test)

No consumption at all.

Was on Agip Racing 60w and after about 8k it was sluggish, temps weren't so good, and rev climb was slow...
but that's just impressions....

·
Vendor
45,305 Posts
Yeah Dan - WEEKLYDEAL brought £20 off the price - I ordered the 10 x 60 .. should I have plumped for the 10 x 50?

Me or Ned?

·
Vendor
45,305 Posts

I went with 10W50 as a thinner oil will give less drag, I'm taking a calculated risk the increased quality will counter the reduced viscosity, plus I know of plenty of hard driven 2.5s and 3.0s which have run to silly miles on 10W40 semi with no issues. 10W60 is & always was the official spec for the GTA.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oops, well I updated my order with Opie for the 10w50 as saw it discussed quite a lot on the forum. I'm sure it'll be fine.. you seem to know what you're doing :p

Re. emails -- I sent you one late the other night about sorting out a race cat + silencer, as mine is definitely on it's way out, and I think the source of a lot of my nasty noises (esp. from cold) as I still get bad noises on cold start with the OEM

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thanks for the order. Fuchs make really good oils, some of the best about and aren't too expensive. Okay, the Millers Nanodrive has the potential power gain and reduced friction, but it's not as well proven as the Fuchs oils and a lot more money at the moment.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm using Castrol Edge 10w60 doesn't burn as much as when using Selenia
Using the same Castrol Edge 10/60 and find the same doesn't use much oil at all - well not needed to top up in the last 6,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts