Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.4%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new F1 season just under a month way, I was thinking of all the great teams from the past that are no more. I've excluded Alfa Romeo from the list for obvious reasons, but out of the others, which would you most like to see return to the track?

·
Registered
38 Posts
would love to see alfa back and whoop the asses of ferrari!! so i chose other but if i must choose it would be masarati mmmmm

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Lotus !! :D

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Lotus no doubt

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I think there's a highly British flavour to F1 already, even in teams like Renault and Honda.

I can't see that any of the old Brit teams would be much different in ethos to the likes of Williams, McLaren etc.

So, I'd choose Maserati. It'd be a kind of Ferrari clone but that's not too bad.

On the other hand, a Matra or Ligier team would add a bit of colour, as long as it was more French than "international". I think Renault is more British than French at the moment and F1 is a bit poorer because of it.

Or what about Porsche? Again, they'd have to be a proper German team... not a "engine carrier" like McLaren and to a lesser extent BMW.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Lotus!! :D

Colin Chapman's F1 Team Lotus and numerous sports racing projects (especially the mid engined Lotus 23 for which the Lotus/Ford twin cam engine was originally developed), plus his road & track variations on the Super Seven and the original Elan, inspired me plus no doubt many other AO members to become the confirmed petrol-heads/Alfaholics that we are today

:) :D

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Lotus :)

B

·
0 Posts
:cool: Hesketh Racing....the bunch of eccentrics who gave James Hunt his start in GP racing.....he even upset the "serious" teams by achieving a win for the team,a surprise to Hesketh as much as the folk looking down their noses at them.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Hesketh yes...:confused:

With names like:

Lord Thomas Alexander Fermor-Hesketh
Anthony "Bubbles" Horsley
Harvey Postlethwaite

How could they possibly fail :confused:

But it does have to be Lotus :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Lord Thomas Alexander Fermor-Hesketh
Anthony "Bubbles" Horsley
Harvey Postlethwaite

How could they possibly fail :confused:
:D Exactly,the sport needs some decent names,folk with spirit.

:p Chin Chin old chap!

B

·
0 Posts
:D Abso-bloody-lutely old bean ;)

:p Soaking up the admiring glances from the folk in the cheap seats with their Lotus baseball caps on while they drink warm lager!

:p TallyHo......last one to the grid is a bad egg n'all that :lol:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I am saddened by the barbarians on this site who do not want the true F1 team, Alfa Romeo back in F1 ;)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've excluded Alfa Romeo from the list for obvious reasons, but out of the others, which would you most like to see return to the track?
I am saddened by the barbarians on this site who do not want the true F1 team, Alfa Romeo back in F1 ;)
That's why :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts