Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Which classic would you select:

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
0 Posts
I would choose a 80`s GTV 6 2.5, best looking alfa ever. would like a 1750 junior as well.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well, having just bought a third 1750 GTV, guess my choice is obvious. Going to collect it this Friday! :D

And this one actually RUNS!!!! :eek: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
papajam said:
Well, having just bought a third 1750 GTV, guess my choice is obvious. Going to collect it this Friday! :D

And this one actually RUNS!!!! :eek: :cheese: :cheese:
Just don't forget that we're expecting pictures of your latest purchase. And we won't accept "but it's the long weekend" excuse. ;) :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
But that's what long weekends are for, no? Driving a newly aquired Alfa! :D

Pics to follow....

...if I can drag meself outa the thing! :lol:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
papajam said:
But that's what long weekends are for, no? Driving a newly aquired Alfa! :D

Pics to follow....

...if I can drag meself outa the thing! :lol:
Are you STILL in it........wow long drive..
;)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Now that I have sold my Gt 1300 Junior and having recently acquired an almost perfect Alfasud Ti my thoughts are turning to the Alfetta GT like the one below. :cool:

I always preferred this car to the later GTV6 as it exudes everything an Alfa Romeo should be.
I have been scanning the net for one but with no success so far. As usual I only want a mint one (or as close as I can get) and it must be totally original too. :cool:

The GTV6 of course is a fine alternative as well and having just re-read this tread from the start I was very pleased so many members chose this car. :cool:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
selespeed said:
Let's say you have € 15k to spend on a classic Alfa. Not as a replacement of your current car, but just for pleasure trips and stuff. So family situations are not important and neither are commuting distances. And yes, you maybe didn't know it, but you do have a garage box for your classic Alfa as well :D

Of course you don't have to spend it all, but which model would you select at the moment (and why)?
Don't have a garage box right now (that'll change soon) and she's doing fine :cool: . But you already know what I would get me: the GT Veloce Junior. Hubbahubba :cool: :D

So I would be driving my Giulia to work and enjoy my GT Veloce for entertainment. Sounds good to me. BTW, got a spare 12,000 lying around? ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Although my late Alfa is a 155 Q4 {wide body} I definetively prefer to enjoy my black Junior of Sept 1967. It has much more fun :tut:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
mr.orange said:
giulia 1600 super.....how much could i expect to pay for 1

Since this post surfaced again I noticed your question, late response though.

You can get a decent running Giulia for about 4,000 pounds. Don't expect her to be flawless. The bodywork should be OK, but some rust will be there. Engine, gearbox, brakes and suspension should be fine.

Watch out for old tyres, the profile may look OK, but dry tyres will shred. Ignition is also a thing to look after (stopped me twice).

Up your budget by about 3,000 and you should get a Giulia in excellent condition.

If you do buy one, piccies over here please :cool:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts