Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Which classic would you select:

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say you have € 15k to spend on a classic Alfa. Not as a replacement of your current car, but just for pleasure trips and stuf. So family situations are not important and neither are commuting distances. And yes, you maybe didn't know it, but you do have a garage box for your classic Alfa as well :D

Of course you don't have to spend it all, but which model would you select at the moment (and why)?

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Any info on the choices, I'll admit that I'm a complete neophyte on classic Alfas... :rolleyes: :D

W

·
0 Posts
Presuming this is not about what we've already got or my "other" would be the Matta....next choice would be a Junior Zagato, funny little things but becoming rare, preferrably a 1600 as they're even rarer. Trouble is I might struggle to get one for 10k :rolleyes:

wrinx

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I'm sticking with the 1750GTV, :)
Wish I had that kind of budget though........ :rolleyes: :D
Actually thinking about it I could probably have a 75 as well for that.. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wrinx said:
Presuming this is not about what we've already got or my "other" would be the Matta....next choice would be a Junior Zagato, funny little things but becoming rare, preferrably a 1600 as they're even rarer. Trouble is I might struggle to get one for 10k :rolleyes:

wrinx
The Junior Z 1600 is out of the budget (at least over here). I think the Junior Z is the most beautiful of them all, but since you can't sit in it if you're longer then 1.75m...

... it won't be my choice :(

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I chose the GT Junior ,as some years ago probably at the height of the classic car boom :eek: our local Alfa garage had one in and it was the owners sons "pet" . The price was roughly £10,000 which I thought was taking the mickey ,but I got to sit in it etc. Very nice :)
P.S The car was in the showroom next to the normal range of Alfas and I noticed it had a metal drip tray under the car :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know which to pick, the Alfetta GTV 2000 or the Alfetta GTV6. I have choosen the GTV 2000 since she is fast enough, is more rare then a GTV6 and she has two twin Dell'orto carbs to finish the pleasure. If I had the option in real life I would probably testdrive both to make the final decision which to pick.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
That's a really a difficult question, Hans...
I always loved the little Junior Zagato. :cool:
The 75V6 is a great performer and the last rwd. The GTV6 is like a cherry on the top of the cake... if we forget the twin Dell'orto carbs of the GTV2000...

Who am I trying to fool... :eek: I would get the Junior Zagato right away. :cool: :)

BTW anyone seen this JuniorZ Sperimentale? :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Voted for 1750 GTV in the end, although the Montreal is high on the list for it's 70's styling and the V8........Can I try to get both for my 15K?

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
I REALLY like the Junior Z, but I can't look past that lovely V6 in the GTV6.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Already have in mind getting a 1963 Guilia SS as a third car when finances allow. I've already seen two in pristine condition here in Japan. Going price for a well kept example is about 2-3 million yen ($20-30,000 USD). Japan also supposedly has more than half of the SZ's ever produced, most still on the road and in excellent condition. Would definitely go for one of these as well if ever possible...

Charlie

J

·
0 Posts
Why isn't the Montreal in the list? Surely it's V8 200bhp engine is a beaut?

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Alfetta GTV6

She's such a beauty :D

I'd selected the Sprint if it would of been 1.5 twincarb in perfect condition :D

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
selespeed said:
I don't know which to pick, the Alfetta GTV 2000 or the Alfetta GTV6. I have choosen the GTV 2000 since she is fast enough, is more rare then a GTV6 and she has two twin Dell'orto carbs to finish the pleasure. If I had the option in real life I would probably testdrive both to make the final decision which to pick.
A supercharged Alfetta GTV 2.0 would be the go...much better than the front heavy V6

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Well I voted for others...

I recon I'd look for a Monty... but for sure it would over budget :(

or I'd really go for a GTV6 3.0 from South Africa... I fell in love with them when I was a kid... I remember a very nice one for sale in Benoni (SA) :D (1988-89) LOL

or a GTV6 2.5...

or a Alfa Sei (6)

or GT Junior 1300 (step nose)

or GTV 1750

or Berlina 1750

or Alfetta 1750

Alfa 155 WB Q4 (does this count :D ;) )

so many... well there isn't a Alfa I don't like so... :eek: :D ;)

I'll just have one of each :D (scale cars) and a Monty or a GTV6 ;)

It's just too hard to choose :D

all the best

Sérgio

·
AO Silver Member, Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09
1,315 Posts
Impossible! I already own three from this list and don't like to choose between them (though I did :rolleyes: ) and, lottery win permitting, would still have all of the others. ALFA = Always Looking For Another. :)

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stori said:
A supercharged Alfetta GTV 2.0 would be the go...much better than the front heavy V6
There was actually a turbocharged Autodelta GTV, called the Turbodelta 2.0 (debut May 1979), but personally I don't like the striping. They are a good investment though since they are very rare.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
selespeed said:
There was actually a turbocharged Autodelta GTV, called the Turbodelta 2.0 (debut May 1979), but personally I don't like the striping. They are a good investment though since they are very rare.
Well I was not thinking of a "standard" car when I said a supercharged Alfetta GTV ;)
I had a 1983 Alfetta GTV 2.0 for 19 years. I was an excellent car except for the "dreadfull" gearchange. The car needed a little extra grunt ( bottom-mid range) and that is why I said a supercharged one would be nice :D

Not really a "fan" of Turbo petrol engines for normal road use although a modern ,low pressure turbo would do the same thing.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts