Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Which Car Should My Brother Buy?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been car shopping with my brother today. He’s looking for a one year old diesel powered medium sized five door hatchback.

Which one from the shortlist of four should he buy?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Ok,

The renault will fall apart - they don't so much as build them as throw them together also on a personal note I hate the arse of the megane..

The leon is a cheaper golf - why pay extra for a VW badge.. it's even got the same engine..

So that's a shortlist of two.. Leon or Civic.

The decision points will be:

styling - which does he prefer
local dealer reputation - and how local are the dealers?
The price...

If it was me I'd probably go for the leon....

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The SEATS, are pretty good, having hired the same in the past. SKODA, not on the list, inspite of the excellent feedbacks it gets, good residuals as well apparently?:):

G

·
The Golf and Civic should hold their value a bit better than the others,I'd normally have Japanese over German but I think the new style civic is hideous so voted Golf.

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Voted Seat. The new Civic is horrible. Have a friend who had the old shape Civic Sport, he said it defo wasn't 'Sport' :(

Leon is also better looking than the Golf. And the Renault... well, I'll settle with 'It's a Renault' :eek: :tut:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Out of those four, it would have to be the Leon. It even looks the closest in styling to the 147. Let him test drive your Alfa first before he commits. . .you might convert him!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I've driven a civic, they aren't bad but for me they let in so much of the noise from outside the cabin. None of the choices offered are anything to get excited about so I'd have to go with the golf simply because it'll be worth more when he sells it. :)

G

·
I'd go for the Civic, with Leon next Golf third and the Renault I'd drive straight to the tip..as long as it would go that far.

AlfaLincs

1 - 20 of 40 Posts