Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife took her car in yesterday because the auto box went into safe mode. Rather than stump up £1500 for the predicted repair, she wants to change the car. The new car has got to be automatic,mid size but not too thirsty. Has anyone any experience of diesel autos. I thought they may perform a bit better than similar sized petrol engined versions (2litres). She's got £12500 tops to spend. Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello ZF, Its a Merc C class tiptronic. We've been out all morning looking, she has chosen (don't wince) a Mondeo Ghia Tdci auto,14000 miles. After all I've said about diesels I don't think I dare tell them at work when I go back:eek:

·
Registered
223 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finding any diesel auto in the price range was difficult, let alone an alfa. Even most 2 year old cars have 40000 miles on them, so when she spotted the ford is was a bit of a non choice. The real b:.:mmer is that the merc box packed up altogether last night so its got to be fixed before we can trade it in. See everybody its not just Alfas that bite.:cry:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I don't know!! How many Diesel units are there coupled to an auto box of some description out there then, rough idea someone? leaving aside the really expensive machines.

·
Registered
223 Posts
To be honest, I've been selling cars for 4 years, and I've been selling aproximetly 60% of the cars with an automatic, only counting the diesels it was around 85% and I think that only a few regretted that decicion, most of them thanked me personally for making them pay more :p

And actually, for a daily drive, I would prefer on my own a diesel with automatic. It just drives so easy and comfortable, because be honest, when you drive every day 30km to the office/school and 30km back, but it takes you 1 hour. I was swearing to the clutch of my 155 every day!! And my left leg is way stronger as my right one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts