Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got no personal axe to grind because I get full AA cover "free" from my bank, but I am sat waiting for a hospital appointment and have just read the following:

AA - £186.50 for an existing member to renew
AA - £120.00 for a new customer
RAC - Similar, but will take tescos vouchers
Green Insurance Company - £21.95 for basic cover, £34 for full cover, £10 discount if call out time is over 1 hour, 5% of its profits to good causes and offsets the carbon emissions of any recovery vehicle used.

Other cheap options include:
tickdirect.co.uk, rescuemycar.com, Autoaid and Firstcall. All offer similar cover and guarrentees to the big 2 and you would appear to save nearly £100 per year.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I use ADAC for my annual european breakdown cover (german based company), they sub contract to the AA in the UK anyway but only cost around 70 euros :D

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
Europ assist do full European cover for £59 if you go through Quoteline Direct. Includes home start too, which many cheaper ones don't.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've just signed up to RAC Personal Cover, which gives me Roadside, Home Start & Recovery as driver or passenger in any vehicle for £48 in Tesco Vouchers :D

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I use Green Flag. They make no attempt at roadside repair though, just tow you off to the garage. Not a bother for me as every time I've needed them it's been a fairly major failure that couldn't be fixed by the roadside anyway.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
We get full AA Cover with LTSB Premier Banking but I've just had to add Europe on to the GT for our upcoming European Extravaganza. £116 for annual multi trip cover:cool:

Didn't take the £500 parts & labour warranty as our CSMA Car Care Plan Warranty covers us European wide:D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I now get "free" European cover with my Total Visa card.

15days cover everytime I spend more than €40.

And 3% off the price of petrol.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Whichever of the larger companies that you choose, AA/RAC/Green Flag, it's worth remembering that most of the time, they will pass the recovery/repair, to one of their franchised local recovery agents.
I decided to take the recovery option with my insurance policy for the first time, when I bought my GTV! :eek:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I use AutoAid Breakdown Recovery Insurance, which costs £34.00 for any vehicle driven by me or spouse, roadside and home assistance, recovery, overnight accommodation if necessary,cover for attached caravan/trailer and recovery following theft/vandalism. The big difference with this arrangement is that it is an insurance policy.You can ask any garage to come out or use AutoAid to call one of their recovery people, you pay, and then claim the costs back. I've only made one claim but there was no hassle although the cost was way over the premium.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
After reading this thread, I did a online non-member quote for annual multi trip cover with the AA.

It came back as £99 as opposed to the £116 we paid. Clare phoned them, played hell and they reduced it to £83:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts