Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys even though my Belle is still with the garage being repaired, AGAIN !!!! the new Q2 should be being fitted to my gearbox as we speak, She is booked in for a track day on the 22nd Nov WOOOHOOO, Finally I have been waiting for this day for 16 months.

Over the last few months I have made most of the upgrades i have wanted too heres the list,

Braided brake hoses

Dot 5.1 fluid

AutoDelta Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch

AutoDelta Carbon Intake Kit ( Hmmmmm to be disscused further in another thread )

Ragazzon Exhaust

Red Dot Remap pushing me up to 230 BHP and Loads more torque

Q2 Diff

So heres the thing, Brake Pads i have the standard Discs and do not have the money to buy new ones before the trck day so please lets not go there, all I want to know is what Pads are going to offer me the best Trackday Stopping with the best every day road use, I have seem to have some choices >>>>>

Green/Red Stuff

Ferodo

Or maybe some from Ned at Autolusso which he recommends,

So what do you guys think ??? I look forward to the upcoming debate

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hi Franky, booked mine in with Ned this morning for PF pads, braided hoses and better brake fluid. Everyone is raving about them that had them so what the hell! "A mate" was coming home the other week at 130mph and they just felt so crappy and thought they were about to fade so booked it on Friday 31st Oct 10am:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
does everyone live in luton or sumthing?or do u boys actually travel all the way! is he actually that good?
94.8 miles each way for me. So there and back is a tank of petrol and nothing more than she deserves! Only the best for my baby;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
is the guy really that good then. i've just brought my first alfa and i live in bedford ( about 15miles from autolusso) however my current garage is excellent BUT they aren't an alfa garage. is it worth me swapping garage? are the prices good? and servie etc... im currently being ****ed royally by the garage im trying to buy my car off and this is an alfa dealership. so understandably my opinion aint too high of alfa dealers.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I have never bin there yet but have only heard good things and they certainly know their stuff. If I was you I would swap:D

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Can anyone advise part numbers for suitable PF pads for a Spider 2.0 TS? Can you get the easily enough online? I would have to buy them and give to garage, I'm all the way up in north scotland.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right thanks for the repies and good to hear Jim but really i am after some peoples reviews of thepads they have tested ?

So once yours are fitted Jim I will be very interested to hear what you think, also I will be fitting the pads myself, its not a hard job so will save money there !

Ok so has anyone run any of the pads i have preivously mentioned and what do you think of them please ?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I know ones of my ex mates warped his ferodos in his calibra turbo.

I had EBC's green stuff with the drilled and grooved discs and they were good but dont get alot of praise on here. Lots of brake dust to:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm dont forget I have standard discs as well :( I am leaning towards the Ferodos I have to say and at about £120 for the set of 4 thats not to bad !!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hmm dont forget I have standard discs as well :( I am leaning towards the Ferodos I have to say and at about £120 for the set of 4 thats not to bad !!
Yep I suppose so, I am keeping my standard discs on the GTA.

Its not a bad price but dont comprimise on quality just to save a couple of squid. False economy fella:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Well if anyone replied with any actual reviews i could start to make my mind up ;)
Suppose but I think different people with have opinions of different brakes depending on their driving style:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Opinions, the best brakes money can buy:thumbs:

Ned
Dont worry Ned, I will set him straight after I get mine sorted. Providing they are as good as you say they are;)

Going to bring my camera with me a do a nice picture thread:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does that include pads all round ? Front and Rear ? as the Ferodo pads do and for £150 I would hope to have pads all round ?

ta

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
My pads (on 330m discs) brake fluid and braided hoses fitted £330. Sent Ned a PM or something and see what he can do for you, he would be happy to advise:D

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I haven't used the PF pads recommended by Ned. I have had EBC red stuff and Ferodo pads though and I preferred the Red Stuff.

The Ferodo pads just feel a little less direct (and on the GTV with it already poor brake feel this is not a good thing).

I've got braided brake lines, EBC vented and grooved discs up front and performance brake fluid and I still don't particularly rate my brakes :rolleyes:

On the track the EBC faded relatively quickly in the opinion of my co driver who's had a lot more TD experience in a number of cars. Not tracked it with the Ferodo.

Has anyone upgraded their master brake cylinder? Does this improve brake feel?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts