Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

i am going to be fitting a new set of wheels to my 96 2.0 16V Super, before i do the car wheel be dropped by 35mm on eibachs.
i need to know which size of alloy will fit the best so that i wont get any scrubbing even with a full boot and 5 people in the car.
im thinking at the moment of 17" J7 with 205/40,
or would 16" be safer?

ilso i have been reading that wheels of 100pcd will fit without a problem if used with "varibolts", i have never come across these before, does anyone have any info on them? will i need to replace all 16 of them?

cheers guys- any help is greatly appreciated

W

·
0 Posts
You shouldnt have any problems with 17" as far as I know (perhaps a little rubbing on full lock if you're unlucky).

Varibolts-you'll need all the bolts but Henry has kept the locking nuts and it seems ok. Your local Halfrauds can help out.

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
My V6 runs on varibolts, I got them from an internet firm

Look here

Trackstore

The ones you want are called sb21V.

I found that I had to cut them down by 3 mm on the front to get a good tight lock, it would seem that a set of spacers my car should have had have disappeared.

I used Honda spec wheel with a shallower drilling so the 3mm got rid of the extra length caused by the shallow bolt holes.

These bolts are exactly the same length as the originals and cost £25 delivered.

Andy

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, now the difficult bit, deciding which wheels would look good!

andy, check your PM's, you may have one waiting from me.

Jack

S

·
0 Posts
See my little old entry in the pictures lounge. They are TSW Imolas, lovely wheels, the multi-spoke design works well with the 155s slab sides!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts