Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Just got the wee beastie back after it's 108k service and it feels fantastic. Gone is the diesel start up from the knackered variator and the engine seems more eager but a little quieter and that's a small problem I'd like to change, I want to hear her breath!!

Simple question as I'm keeping the standard box so which after market air filter would you lovely people recommend?

IIRC it's best to avoid K&N as the oil can FUBAR the MAF so is the Autodelta the one the best option due to it's dry filter or are there any better ones out there?

It's a 120BHP 1.6 T-Spark.

G

·
0 Posts
"IIRC it's best to avoid K&N as the oil can FUBAR the MAF"

A common misconception I'm afraid... Its the over-oiling of the filter when cleaning and servicing it that causes the problem, not the filter when new... The oil molecules saturate the filter material, drift though and end up sticking to the elements of the MAF, therefore falsifying readings...
Don't worry, you wont have to service them for at least 36,000miles + Just buy a new one and start again.;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"IIRC it's best to avoid K&N as the oil can FUBAR the MAF"

A common misconception I'm afraid... Its the over-oiling of the filter when cleaning and servicing it that causes the problem, not the filter when new... The oil molecules saturate the filter material, drift though and end up sticking to the elements of the MAF, therefore falsifying readings...
Don't worry, you wont have to service them for at least 36,000miles + Just buy a new one and start again.;)
Cheers chap,

So including the oiled ones which one would people recommend?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts