Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we now have a price list and specifications but one thing is just glaring at me: the gap between the QF and the rest of the range is just too big. Both engine-wise and trim-wise. I suspect there is a 280bhp 4-cylinder petrol and 210bhp diesel on the way and I reckon they will introduce a new Veloce trim level with those engines. I mean, at the moment there is no 'M Sport' or 'AMG Line' for the Giulia at all and it doesn't make sense. Hopefully the Veloce trim will be then available on the smaller engines as well. You can't compete against a BMW 320d M Sport if you can't even offer a 19" wheel option as currently is the case with the Giulia.

Any thoughts on this speculation? Any idea on timelines? The non-QF Giulia just looks too basic to be considered. A bit like the non-TI 159 did. We need a Giulia TI!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes, Giulia Ti is most likely coming. US version was already presented there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No4udE3GVF8 It has different rear and front bumpers, 19" wheels and sport seats from quadrifoglio.

I was in Austrian showroom the oher day, checking the car out. There is one interesteding thing in the pricelist. For 1950€ you get Performance package, with active suspension and limited slip differential. This means that other versions, not just Quadrifoglio, will get those two things. Briliant! There is also Performance package for 2150€, which gets you the additional paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

So a 280 hp 2.0 Turbo, with Ti trim and Performance Package, could be a really great drivers car.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just hope they'll change their mind about the ESP - I can't see why you wouldn't allow customers disconnecting it.

I mean, they've gone to great lengths with making this car a good drive, so why kill the fun?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So from the looks of it, the TI is actually a US name for the EU spec Super. And then the US and EU will get the Veloce spec albeit the US will get it with the 350hp version and the EU with the 280hp. Also, looks like all EU 280hp's will be AWD. China will get this in RWD. Go figure

·
Registered
913 Posts
It seems that TI is Super in the USA, but then again, TI at te US carshow had different (more sporty) front and rear bumpers, with rear duffusor and QV seats. So yes, go figure... Is it really that hard to offer 280hp and 350hp petrol in both RWD and AWD configurations?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
So from the looks of it, the TI is actually a US name for the EU spec Super. And then the US and EU will get the Veloce spec albeit the US will get it with the 350hp version and the EU with the 280hp. Also, looks like all EU 280hp's will be AWD. China will get this in RWD. Go figure
No. The 350bhp engine is separate. Ignore model designations as those change from territory to territory. The 350bhp engine hasn't been officially announced yet, the 280bhp has. This leaked sheet is the first evidence of it's existence and I'd put money that it's also the engine destined for the next Giulietta QV.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think it's a partial list. The previous list menrioned a 490hp QF - No mention of that...
That version came from preproduction when it wasn't known if the ZF 8 speed could handle all the QV's torque. Obviously, it now can. As a result, the DCT version seems to be on hold.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'm putting bets on a limited edition Mito and Giulietta with random parts from the accessories catalogue and painted in a colour that you can order anyway...

·
Registered
258 Posts
No. The 350bhp engine is separate. Ignore model designations as those change from territory to territory. The 350bhp engine hasn't been officially announced yet, the 280bhp has. This leaked sheet is the first evidence of it's existence and I'd put money that it's also the engine destined for the next Giulietta QV.
Next Giulietta QV, 350 HP and 1280 kilos (DIN ?). Late 2018 or early 2019 from Pomigliano.

That version came from preproduction when it wasn't known if the ZF 8 speed could handle all the QV's torque. Obviously, it now can. As a result, the DCT version seems to be on hold.
They had problems with reliability of both Getrag's transmissions, manual and DCT. The is a reason why QV is using a ZF manual and not a Getrag as BMW M does.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That explains a lot. The Getrag DCT in my old Evo X was absolutely awful and needed constant warranty work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts