Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Checked my screen wash the other day to find the container completely empty!Cursed and swore at the dealer who was to give the car a full service when I bought it(June)Can't trust them to do anything!Filled the bottle with water and screen wash.Quick squirt to check everything was OK.Fine.Four good strong jets perfectly placed on windscreen.Hooray!Next morning going to work,damp weather,needed to clean screen.Nothing!Checked bottle to find it completely empty again!So where did it go?Haven't noticed anything under car in driveway,or at work,and I do look regularily.Guess from position of water bottle,its going to be a bit of a pig to get at to check for leaks etc.Anyone removed the bottle before?Any tips?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
:confused: Checked my screen wash the other day to find the container completely empty!Cursed and swore at the dealer who was to give the car a full service when I bought it(June)Can't trust them to do anything!Filled the bottle with water and screen wash.Quick squirt to check everything was OK.Fine.Four good strong jets perfectly placed on windscreen.Hooray!Next morning going to work,damp weather,needed to clean screen.Nothing!Checked bottle to find it completely empty again!So where did it go?Haven't noticed anything under car in driveway,or at work,and I do look regularily.Guess from position of water bottle,its going to be a bit of a pig to get at to check for leaks etc.Anyone removed the bottle before?Any tips?
Oh, not good. If it is the bottle leaking then I believe you have to get access to the inner wing to remove it, so not an easy job. To add insult to that the part itself isn't cheap, around £85+VAT if I remember correctly.

·
Administrator
46,090 Posts
Do you have headlight washer jets? I know these can be prone to leaking.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No headlight washers-anyway I can't see the entire contents of the bottle leaking via the headlight jets in one day!Haven't had time to check it out yet,hopefully have a better look this weekend.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Oh, not good. If it is the bottle leaking then I believe you have to get access to the inner wing to remove it, so not an easy job. To add insult to that the part itself isn't cheap, around £85+VAT if I remember correctly.
Bad luck mate:cry: At that price hope mine is all good:eek: Still have yet to come across a cheap part that is easy to access and fit on the GTA:rolleyes:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is it not more likely to be rubber hose or hose to bottle/jet connectors that have perished/detached?

If it is damage to the bottle you can get this amazing moldable plastic that you dissolve as granules in hot water and it comes out pliable. Work it with you hands to the desired shape and you can fix the bottle. You can get in in Maplins I think its called Polymorph.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gwales,I thought there must be something like that avaliable,although I'm more inclined to agree that it is more likely to be a connaction that has come adrift.How would the bottle itself get so badly damaged when you consider where it is? Damn weather changed for the worse today again,hopefully get a good look tomorrow>

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
You probably do have washer jets. I thought all GTA's had them.

THey rise out of the panels in the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Also possible to mend with hot glue, bottle would certainly need to be out. Recently did the bottom of my plastic rainwater butt, which split at the bottom.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah,sorry OA,you're right of course,I do have headlamp washers,which,naturally,only work when the lights are on!Going to leave things till I come back from holiday,then straight to the dealers and raise hell-car is still under warranty after all.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts