Alfa Romeo Forum banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a quick post to say thank you to the team a Autolusso Bournemouth.

Monday 4th November 05.30am lowered the driver side window on my Brera ! BANG ! window was down but would not go back up :censored:
8.30am phoned Autolusso for help and arranged to take the car to them the next day.

Tuesday 5th 11.15am arrived at Autolusso new window regulator fitted and back on the road to Gosport by 1.00pm. :rotate:

Thanks Autolusso Bournemouth.
Was there any fault indication before failure?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Was there any fault indication before failure?
No the window was working correctly and fine until that morning.

It was the steel cable that snapped on the window regulator that was the problem and luckily for me as I arrived at Autolusso so did DHL with the new window regulator and Laurence fitted the job in straight away for me.

:thumbs: Autulusso South.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No the window was working correctly and fine until that morning.

It was the steel cable that snapped on the window regulator that was the problem and luckily for me as I arrived at Autolusso so did DHL with the new window regulator and Laurence fitted the job in straight away for me.

:thumbs: Autulusso South.
Thanks- great timing then!

I was wondering because my driver side window goes fully down, and fully up, but if i stop it partially down then try to close it again, it wobbles a bit then goes DOWN instead of up. I've read posts saying press both switches down for 30secs then up etc to 'reset' but unsure whether this would solve my problem or make it worse. The garage says it needs a £300 Regulator. Am starting to wonder if my car was put together by the cheapest bidder on a children's playsite.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same problem on my Brera. New switch on order. I thought it was hold down for 10 sec and up for 10 sec?. You will see the window fault message on the dash go off. It seems to work temporarily and the window will drop correctly on opening the door and back when closed. Right now its not doing anything and staying fully up which for me is a good default position. I shall let you know if the new switch resolves the issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Update on window. I noticed the door wasnt well aligned so windows route to closed was compromised. Adjusted striker, a little silicon on the rubber as it squeaked and a few full ups full downs and so far is working.

No doubt it will drop as soon as it get in the car after posting this.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts