Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am just back from 5 days in your lovely part of the world.

I had hoped to spot a few of you and hoped to have communication via my laptop on the move BUT isntead of using the mobile broadband I made the Fatal Exception error by hooking up to the hotel's wired internet connection. I GOT A WEIRD FONT SAYINGCONFIG SYS ERROR INACCURATE DATA.SHUT DOWN BOOTED SCANNED AND RE WROTE A FEW THINGYS.When it came back up I couldnt open Internet Explorer.I COULD CONNECT TO MY MOBILE BROADBAND BUT COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.

I did see a couple of times a lovely black gt or brera on the A47 near Norwich ...I DID flash you..zoom zoom zoom;):lol:sound like anyone on here?

So I never really SPOTTED any of you BUT I did SPOT MILLIONS OF LADYBIRDS (Cromer n Sheringham Area) thousands of ice cream cones Gt Yarmouth hundreds of DUCKS

AND NOT 1 166:cry::cry::cry:

POMEO

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank God fur that Baby.

I wiz beginning tae think that thAT THIS SECTION WAS DEADER than the North of Scotland section.

I was even thinking if I see another alfaowner in EA dae I just look at them and say nothing...;):D
Tae quote a few oan AO.com...We dinae unnerstawn a word Pomeo says.

Pomeo
PS Congrats oan yer burday girl..1 year ago eh...Huvvin a CAKE;)

pOMEO

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
It does seem to be a little dead :( I dont know where my fellow EA'ers have gone :( I miss them.

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
You could be on to something there :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Perhaps they have all been eaten alive by those legions of ladybirds.

Pomeo
And here are some of those very ladybirds, Pomeo. There were literally millions.:wow:
Incidentally, I think I may have actually seen you - don't see many 166's in these parts but I did spot a Y-reg heading west between Cromer and Sheringham one evening around 6.30. Could that have been you?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Strange, as the last major ladybird infestation I recall around these parts (many years past), mainly affected Sheringham and Cromer. Further inland wasn't so bad - wonder why? :confused:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Strange, as the last major ladybird infestation I recall around these parts (many years past), mainly affected Sheringham and Cromer. Further inland wasn't so bad - wonder why? :confused:
Yes, real mystery Phil. :confused:
These were coming in swarms, and they appeared to be coming in off the sea! :wow:
The most I saw in Sheringham was at the front of the Crown - not a lot of greenery/aphids there I would have thought! At my house, about half a mile inland, where there is loads of greenery and aphids, hardly any at all.
Could they float on thermals all the way across from the continent, or is that just plain silly?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And here are some of those very ladybirds, Pomeo. There were literally millions.:wow:
Incidentally, I think I may have actually seen you - don't see many 166's in these parts but I did spot a Y-reg heading west between Cromer and Sheringham one evening around 6.30. Could that have been you?
:cheese::cheese::cheese:
my god i think i've stirred up a hornets nest...or is that the 20 years up for all you Rip Van Winkles.:cheese::cheese:

sorry IF I wish it had been,POMEO AND LACEY LEFT BHIND ON THE DRIVEWAY, I was .....VECTRAD :rant::rant::rant: mines are P (Pomeo a T reg ) and R(Lacey on a Y plate) regd...i know i know you are not supposed to put a plate on if it makes your car look younger BUT they didn't make the 166 until S re so you cannae tell if mines is an S or 2004....so i really have dont it indirectly.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could they float on thermals all the way across from the continent, or is that just plain silly?:rolleyes:
IF ,I BLAME THE GOVERNMENT FOR SHUTTING WOOLWORTHS, ALL THOSE LADYBIRD WORKERS HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE. or is that just plain silly:cheese:

Nice pictures mines are not as good .

Pomeo

·
Registered
154 Posts
We don't hide up in the Cromer and Sheringham area - probably busy underneath our Alfa Romeo doing work on it! Strange but when in Cromer (frequently) always a few Alfas around but those on holiday must realise the local yokels normally have to work hard and for long hours for a poor living in the North Norfolk area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts