Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all does any1 have any recomendations on where to sell my cup or where to advertise ?? Tried a couple of garages with px but offered insulting money:tut: !! any help would be good
Cheers

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Evening all does any1 have any recomendations on where to sell my cup or where to advertise ?? Tried a couple of garages with px but offered insulting money:tut: !! any help would be good
Cheers
Why the sale ?

Pistonheads etc are the obvious ways.
Ebay is another optiuon I have seen some Cups go down that route.
Post in the classified section on Alfa Owner is another.

Alan

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
What have you been offered in px? Garages don't want big petrols at the best of times, nevermind just before Christmas..

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Don't waste too much on adverts.

Clive still has a Cup at the moment for sale I believe.
Much as he loved being the man with Two GTV Cup's I think he has done that gig.
Still you never know .....
My GTV's are basically stored now until the market improves.

I'm into 4x4s & prestige...again...for now. Supercharged Jags & Doublecabs etc.

Best to keep it & pay the slight extra fuel costs...you'll only get bid low at the moment...better than taking a big hit/loss.

Clive

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the input guys, only reason for the sale is change of job so more travelling 60 mile round trip a day so thought it maybe an idea to get a diesel !! but still an alfa if i can maybe gt jtd?? Trade in price was £2200 - £2500 on a good day basic book price with a normal dealer not a specalist like clive @ C G Trading Looks like il advertise it locally BUT had it professionally valeted yesterday & detailed & looks stunning, puts new cars to shame lol so this makes it even harder to part with.:cry:

·
Registered
948 Posts
If it helps I have sold 4 cars (including a 155 and GTV) on eBay with no hassle to speak of, and for more or less the asking price each time.
The auctions can attract one or two idiots, but a well presented classified ad with 10 or so good pictures and a clear description can work to your advantage in my experience.

Similarly I have found Gumtree to be rather trying (folk you would try to avoid in the street, offering derisory amounts)
And Pistonheads seems to attract car bores who only wish to sneer at your car because they already have one that is so much better....

Best of luck, not really the best of time to be selling unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hi Jake, looking for as much as poss lol but to buy the car i want i need to get 6k for the cup,
If you exported it to New Zealand you might get that after shipping and compliancing costs (would probably be the only Cup here) - big hassle though, allow four months and you might have to replace brakes and seatbelts and anything else safety-related that's not in new condition plus get a certificate from the NZ importer to say that it meets US-equivalent frontal impact legislation (airbags must be replaced if the ten years is up) - I saw all this done for an Integrale once (plus conversion to RHD) but it's probably easier to just buy a cheaper replacement car...

-Alex

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
To be honest I can't see it going for that much giving the way the used car market is at the minute. I hope I'm wrong and someone does see the value but I'm looking for a bargain to pop up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts