Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a Brera S (loving it) a few weeks ago and have just found out that what I thought was a slow puncture is in fact a cracked 19 inch front right alloy (not loving it). More annoying is that I had to replace the front right alloy (18) on my old Brera before I sold it for the very same reason.

Prety sure this was not my doing so will take this up with the 'cargiants' I bought it from, and having seen 2 cracked alloys in as many months I'm starting to resign myself to the thought of continually having to replace large alloy wheels given the general state of the roads in Edinburgh (and no doubt throughout the UK).

So anyways, my sob story aside - does anyone know where I can get a single 19in grey Brera alloy wheel from, other than a stealership?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gary, sounds good. How has the wheel been since then? Holding up OK? I read in some other threads that welding might make the wheel a bit more brittle, but them seem prety fragile in the first place anyways. Either way, I'll have a look for any welders nearby and see if they'll look at it. Cheers.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Shurly its not just as easy to get it welded ? Aluminum needs be to heat treated after any welding i thought as it looses it strength from the heat in the welding process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi A2theMFK, yep, that what I was thinking. I called someone earlier and they mentioned that after welding the whole wheel would need to be heat-treated (or something like that) and wouldn't be as strong. I'd prob get paranoid going to corners and on the motorways if wasn't sure the wheel was up for it, but I might be able to stomach it given the likely price of finding a one-off grey alloy 19in wheel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You pays your money etc the welding place I used fixes wheels ( and has for many years ) mainly due to the low inner strength/ speed bump ) mine has been fine for months and thousands of miles I've had no issues whatsoever and neither have any of my colleagues who've used his services but hey ho it's your call :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that. Gonna bite the bullet and buy the new wheel, buy keep the old one and see if it can be fixed, as surely only a matter of time until I hit another pot-hole. Thanks all for your input, much appreciated.

BTW – I found a discount code for parts world should anyone have a similar issue that needs a part. ‘FF010’ will get you 10% off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts