Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...some is selling it on ebay but who can say its not 5 litres vegetable oil and a drop of food colouring...

is it available anywhere else?

ta

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Go to Valvolines web site, and maybe they list the outlets? Ran her old Pug on that for six years. Engine was still ok after 100k but the transmission gave out!:D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...some is selling it on ebay but who can say its not 5 litres vegetable oil and a drop of food colouring...

is it available anywhere else?

ta
i would be wary of buying oil of ebay, like you said it could be anything.
post a link when you find some valvoline:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like you can't order it off the web and have to go to a valvoline service centre..

Luckily there's one just down the road from me. I'll have to see if its open.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell a lie.. the valvoline service centre search comes up with an address around the corner but the garage name and phone number are somewhere in gloucester.. Hopeless website!!!! :rant:

I'll just have to look for another good quality 10w40 semi to top it up with.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell a lie.. the valvoline service centre search comes up with an address around the corner but the garage name and phone number are somewhere in gloucester.. Hopeless website!!!! :rant:

I'll just have to look for another good quality 10w40 semi to top it up with.
kfp , i was wondering if one of our local indy's can supply?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kfp , i was wondering if one of our local indy's can supply?
Well the reason I'm after it is because that's what autolusso filled it up with. I suppose they can post me a bottle. I'll drop in an enquiry to find out how much :)

Although they probably have it supplied in drums rather than consumer sized bottles.

·
Vendor
46,436 Posts
Well the reason I'm after it is because that's what autolusso filled it up with. I suppose they can post me a bottle. I'll drop in an enquiry to find out how much :)

Although they probably have it supplied in drums rather than consumer sized bottles.
We do indeed get it in 50 gallon drums.. I could send you some if I have an appropriate containter to put some in, but I don't know if I have. Give me a ring on monday and I'll have a look for one.

Cheers,

Dan

01525 221 921

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dan. I will.

In the meantime I'll drop an email to Valvoline.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why the urgency for Valvoline?

Either contact Opie Oils as they may stock it, if not then they will have a comparable alternative. Opie Oils apear on many forums and offer some good deals from time to time.

Jules.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any eurocarparts near you? They sell it behind the counter.
Thanks Mave. There's one in Cambridge but I always get lost driving in Cambridge :lol: I've found it on their website and they deliver for a few quid :thumbs:

Dan - thanks for helping out but I'm sorted now :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why the urgency for Valvoline?

Either contact Opie Oils as they may stock it, if not then they will have a comparable alternative. Opie Oils apear on many forums and offer some good deals from time to time.

Jules.
Because that's what it has in it now and its burning it at a slower rate than the Selenia it had in before (1/2 a litre in 1500 miles as opposed to 1 litre in 1000 miles)

I just thought sticking with the same oil would be the safest choice, what with all the different additives each brand likes to add these days.

Thanks for the Opie oils link though, they stock a good range of motorcycle oils and I need some of that too :)

·
Vendor
46,436 Posts
No worries - I'd only have to root through the yard for a knackered 156 with half a tub of Selenia in the boot, bin that, wash it out and fill with Valvoline. And then how would you know its not veggie oil and a bit of food colouring anyway? :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries - I'd only have to root through the yard for a knackered 156 with half a tub of Selenia in the boot, bin that, wash it out and fill with Valvoline. And then how would you know its not veggie oil and a bit of food colouring anyway? :lol:
Veggie oil is one thing.. but how would I know you'd even wash out the Selenia!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:cheese:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts