Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me the best (or chepaest) place to buy an EGR Valve for a 147 JTD 16v 2006 model.
My engine management warning light is on again, my mechanic diagnosed a faulty EGR Valve, but said they are really expensive. He said you can buy reconditioned or new from Alfa.
Cheers
Brino:thumbs::cry:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me the best (or chepaest) place to buy an EGR Valve for a 147 JTD 16v 2006 model.
My engine management warning light is on again, my mechanic diagnosed a faulty EGR Valve, but said they are really expensive. He said you can buy reconditioned or new from Alfa.
Cheers
Brino:thumbs::cry:
Hi

I have a brandnew genuine egr if u want it £95

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Have you tried cleaning it? There's a good guide in the stick in the 'How to' thread at the top of the forum.

And here's another thread describing the process downloadable pdf files with pictures.

I would recommend taking the solenoid apart as described, they do corrode and prevent the valve operating somoothly. Mine was solid, I dismantled it as the 'how to' describes by drilling a small hole in the end and driving the solenoid out with a punch of some sort. Gave it a good clean with wire wool, dab of grease, gave the valve assembly a good clean with some carb cleaner, seems as good as new to me..... cost £0.00

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once again, thank you everyone for your comments. I really appreciate it.
Brinner (who wants his Alfa running smooth again)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts