Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im beginning to think that my maf might be on its way out, So was wondering if anyone knows where you can get them from, I looked on the alfa workshop website and they are over £200 :eek: , Can they be had any cheaper ? ....

D

·
0 Posts
As said there is a MAF database thread - have a look in that for info on suitable cheaper sensors.
Failing which SGT are offering one on Partspool at £145 - seems to be the same part number as AW are indicating
Alfa-Romeo
Part Description: FLOWMETER
Part Number: 46808221
Quantity Offered: 1
Unit Offer Price: 145.67

Supplier's Details

Name: martin creech
Position parts manager
Company s.g.t
Town/City: maidenhead
County/State: berkshire
Post/Zip Code: sl60nt
Telephone Number 01628605353
Email address: [email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
If its just the sensor that is broken, this one is the one you want

GTA MAF sensor insert

I had a scan through the long MAF guide thread available elsewhere on AO.

This is just the sensor that goes inside the MAF housing, so if the housing is split or damaged this will be of no use at all! But at about £93 delivered its a cheapish way to get a genuine BOSCH part. Fits GTA 3.2 engines in both 147 and 156

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its just the sensor that is broken, this one is the one you want

GTA MAF sensor insert

I had a scan through the long MAF guide thread available elsewhere on AO.

This is just the sensor that goes inside the MAF housing, so if the housing is split or damaged this will be of no use at all! But at about £93 delivered its a cheapish way to get a genuine BOSCH part. Fits GTA 3.2 engines in both 147 and 156
Thanks for finding all this out , I will order a sensor from here a much better price .

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
:cheese:
not for a GTA, you may be able to get a second hand one from AL...
they used to say that about the 166 Gta's but turned oot a twinkle one did the business.

then they went CF3 but someone did say they did the bus there too.

I reckon its awe doon tay marketing;):D

Pomeo

What is the GTA sensor no.?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought mine from the link that andymac has put on this thread it comes to about £98.00 with delivery for a gta .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Keep us posted, that's a decent saving on the full maf price.
Well the part arrived within two days, fitted it, did the ecu reset and the car drives perfect. The engine check light didnt go out straight away but when i took it out tonight the lights gone so all good.
Thanks for the link mate!!!:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes. Hook it up again and the ECU starts from default values. Can help if the car is running out of trim due to a dodgy sensor. This forces the car to start from scratch again.

Won't help if a sensor or other component is still stuffed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts