Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...there's a claim!

Just typing some repsonses to various posts etc wen the phone rings.

Wife answers. Its the car insurance company that looked after her claim last year when a numpty reversed into her car at a well known supermarket chain.

Claim all completed with full recovery of losses etc thrid party admitted liablity.

The company working on behalf of the insurance firm (I believe?) is phoning up (Drive Assist) to ask my wife if she has suffered any injuries as a result of this 'accident' last year. "No" was her response. "Are you sure?" was there's. "You could have had to self medicate, taken a couple of days off work for the shock of the whole incident. Is there anything that you feel you could claim for?" WTF:rant:

If she was injured in anway, she would have claimed at the time!

Its these sort of tactics that continue to increase peoples insurance cover year on year and contribute to the blame and claim culture that has developed in this country :mad:

Who would one contact to report these tactics - its wrong!

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
I know where you're coming from Ichie..... damn annouying and wrong. Too many short sighted folk claiming and don't see the bigger picture for all of us

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
We'll be like america in no time at this rate

E

·
0 Posts
A guy at work had exactly the same after he was knocked of his bike. Aside from bruises he was fine, but still had a blames direct type call :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would have been so easy for her to just say yes and get an easy Grand in her back pocket. Morals and principles. That’s one of the many reasons why I love her so :D

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
R

·
0 Posts
The same company (drive assist) kept phoning me after my accident last year trying to get me to claim for injuries I never had, after the fourth phone call I threatened to make a claim against them for harassment and attempting to defraud an Insurance company, funny how I never heard from them again.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The same company (drive assist) kept phoning me after my accident last year trying to get me to claim for injuries I never had, after the fourth phone call I threatened to make a claim against them for harassment and attempting to defraud an Insurance company, funny how I never heard from them again.
If only I'd known this 1hr ago. Wife had another phone call from them - but I will remember this post :smile1: :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts