Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
On the 147 it was behind the centre console. Usually if you just unclip the trimming panels either side of the centre console you should be able to see it.

Why do you want to know anyway?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the 147 it was behind the centre console. Usually if you just unclip the trimming panels either side of the centre console you should be able to see it.

Why do you want to know anyway?

I have a 'VDC unavailable' message showing on start up, and the ecu is giving me fault code C1115, Yaw Sensor fault. Mangoletsi diagnosed it as a yaw sensor fault.

Mangoletsi called yesterday to tell me a replacement sensor is £320 :wow: plus a minimum of two hours labour for fitting and clearing the fault.

Really didn't think this would turn into a £500 job. I'm finding it hard to justify spending that sort of money on five year old car with 117k on the clock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check your battery voltage first, then clean the plug and socket at the sensor first.
Thanks for your reply cj.

Had a new battery fitted just before Christmas because of low cranking amps by the guys at MVC in Sale, and managed to find the yaw sensor yesterday and gave the connector a clean up with switch cleaner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you remove the trim either side of the gearlever, it appears to be bolted to the chassis directly below the cig lighter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts