Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just done a service and, to my shame, i couldnt find it. i did however find an alarming amount or rust on the front sub frame to say its only 4 1/2 years old :rant:

please ca someone tell me where the filter is :)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Its behind the glove box.

You have to take out the glove box liner and then you can see the cover

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,114 Posts
Did this yesterday.

1. Open the glove box.

2. Empty the contents.

3. Remove the torx screw to the right of the lock catch at the top.

4. Using a flat blade screwdriver lever the three release clips at the front edge which hold the top right hand section panel.

5. Pull down the panel and pull towards you to release the two lower location tabs.

6. Remove the single 5.5mm head screw from the centre of pollen filter front cover.

7. Lift up the pollen filter cover with one hand while pulling out the nasty dirty pollen filter with the other.

Be careful that the pollen filter does not get caught on the the wiring to the glove box light switch on the right.

8. Replace with a nice new pollen filter and again watching the light switch wiring, it takes a couple of goes to position the filter then push into position.

9. Reverse steps 7 to 1

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is spooky, I was just about to service my 159 as my pollen filter and other goodies have arrived today. Thanks Paul.o and others for clarifying the issue which has saved me conducting a search.
Regards, Peter

·
Registered
769 Posts
Thanks for the great guide paul.o

I've just done mine. I bought the filter off an eBay vendor that covered all 159 variants, so made sure I got the 2.4 one. Upon removing the old filter I noticed that the air flow label is reversed on my new filter. The filter only installs a certain way, with the drop extension on the right hand bottom side, to line up with the slot once installed. Apart from the label the filters are the exact size. Anyone else noticed this ? I doubt that flow direction is engineered into pollen filters, so will assume it is fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Thanks for the great guide paul.o

I've just done mine. I bought the filter off an eBay vendor that covered all 159 variants, so made sure I got the 2.4 one. Upon removing the old filter I noticed that the air flow label is reversed on my new filter. The filter only installs a certain way, with the drop extension on the right hand bottom side, to line up with the slot once installed. Apart from the label the filters are the exact size. Anyone else noticed this ? I doubt that flow direction is engineered into pollen filters, so will assume it is fine.
Exact same issue with mine some months ago, I just put it in the only way it would fit.

The company I bought it from were utterly confused when I ask them about the problem.:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
The filter only installs a certain way, with the drop extension on the right hand bottom side, to line up with the slot once installed.
Lightweights - I cut the drop extension off with a pair of scissors and put the filter in with the arrows pointing the right way :p :p

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Strangely i did mine too yesterday too.
Mine had the arrows pointing the correct way with the location extension in place.

·
Registered
196 Posts
How often should the pollen filter be replaced? Are bleeding eyes and a runny nose an indicator of poor filter condition ???
Do you get a warning light on the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Do you think it would be changed as a part of a main dealer service ?
Allegedly! I was charged for it replacing for 3 years on the 147 when I used the Stealer. First time I took it to an Indie (year 4) he showed me a totally blocked up OEM filter taken from the car. It was the one they fit when new and differs from the replacements and never been changed. Back OT, it should be replaced at every scheduled service or every 2 years on the 159.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts