Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 147 Twinspark,

From the front of the car, where should i be looking for the 'filler' plug? I've a picture from E-Learn but to save me spending too much time under the car in the cold, where exactly is it?

:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
No dipstick on the TS box.
The fill plug is on the front of the gearbox next to the reversing light switch.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you check the level at the "Fill" plug.

Using the drain plug to check the level would be a mistake...!! :)
So not the one on the bottom then.:)

I'm guessing the under tray needs to be removed (Can't wait to undo those seized bots...)

L

·
0 Posts
on level ground remove the filler bung, if fluid comes out its full, if not add fluid until it comes out. 75w/90 is the grade

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Why is there no mention of this in the manual?
Probably not considered a user checkable item.
It is on the service schedule for every service though (may be every other, I haven't looked at the schedule recently).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably not considered a user checkable item.
It is on the service schedule for every service though (may be every other, I haven't looked at the schedule recently).
Yup, was hoping to see a diagram in the manual.:(

So if the oil spills out, this means it's fine & i just re-tighten? If it doesn't, i re-fill, or do i re-fill regardless?

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Yup, was hoping to see a diagram in the manual.:(

So if the oil spills out, this means it's fine & i just re-tighten? If it doesn't, i re-fill, or do i re-fill regardless?
If it spils out on the flat, it means there is too much.
If there is a drip, it is ok.
You can get a finger in the hole :)o) to get an idea of the level.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Use your finger in the filler opening, if you get oil on your fingertip its OK...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts