Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above really! Where is the MAF sensor located in a 2.4 210 engine? I want to unplug to see if this is the cause of my hesitation woes.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
on the 1.9 its placed on the air hose coming from the air filter housing in the bottom left corner of the engine... easily identifiable as it has an electrical connector attached which plugs straight onto the MAF housing

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the 1.9 its placed on the air hose coming from the air filter housing in the bottom left corner of the engine... easily identifiable as it has an electrical connector attached which plugs straight onto the MAF housing
Errr thanks. I'm not great when it comes to things like this - so next question is what does the MAF housing look like? I'm guessing you are talking about the widest hose on view in the engine campartment here?

Apologies for my thickness!

·
Registered
253 Posts
its a short (about 3 inch) piece of hard plastic trunking with a clip at each end. And it has resonator box trunking connections into the main air trunking either side. At least on my 210 it does. Run the engine with it unplugged / disconnected will throw up error codes as the expected measured air flow will not be consistent with the rpm/fuel inut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts