1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Nice isn't it!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Yes please do Swanny, when did you get that then?!

UK has been quiet, no doubt having fun in his integrale on the winter roads..

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Um, by completely coincidental browsing of another Irish car forum I occasionally glance at I happened to notice yesterday that MAtt was contemplating buying a GTV Cup!!

Um, how do you rate his chances of fitting in one?
I found them clustrophobic, and I'm merely the size of Matts right leg.
I expect he will have to be surgically removed from the damn.

He had an E46 M3 at the ring, not sure what he has right now though.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, I had one of those for a while. GTV Cup - no. 013 - no really!! About 18 months ago. I bought it from a main Alfa dealer - and it had a few problems, including an oil pipe leak which polluted the whole of Somerset, so after lots of complaining to the dealer, more about their service than the car - they offered to by it back from me for more than I paid for it.

Well what do you say at that point........it's not often you make money out of an Alfa dealer!

It was a great car - only owned it for about 3 months - but the 156 for me is much better.

E.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hey it would have leant a lot more if it didn't have Matt Ireland in the passenger seat at the time! :lol:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just...icial-notice-imperceptible-avatar-change.html
thank you TB, i am a much slimmer person now!!;)

:lol: Yep, he's a big boy........do you know what he is driving at the moment?

Did he move on from the BMW?? (was that what it was?)
he did edward, got an STi then purchased a house so funds dropped significantly. currently has an XJR

Um, by completely coincidental browsing of another Irish car forum I occasionally glance at I happened to notice yesterday that MAtt was contemplating buying a GTV Cup!!

Um, how do you rate his chances of fitting in one?
I found them clustrophobic, and I'm merely the size of Matts right leg.
I expect he will have to be surgically removed from the damn.

He had an E46 M3 at the ring, not sure what he has right now though.
:lol: i found the new slimmer me found it cosy, alot less cosier than the t350c i did want

Oh, I had one of those for a while. GTV Cup - no. 013 - no really!! About 18 months ago. I bought it from a main Alfa dealer - and it had a few problems, including an oil pipe leak which polluted the whole of Somerset, so after lots of complaining to the dealer, more about their service than the car - they offered to by it back from me for more than I paid for it.

Well what do you say at that point........it's not often you make money out of an Alfa dealer!

It was a great car - only owned it for about 3 months - but the 156 for me is much better.

E.
so i could actually make money if i buy a real pup...... hmm looking like a good proposition

so has anyone ascertained where ukoldskool went? perhaps like me he is spending time procreating and loosing money on the housing market

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Yes I suppose so........

Tell us a bit about your TVR350c.........

E.

Afternoon all,

Always wanted a TVR (there was a dealership at the bottom of our road as a kid - so been obsessed with 'em since the age of 9 or 10) and finally got one in September.

Wanted a Griffith but decided on a T350 as this seemed a better everyday car because I was going to sell the GTA. When the time came it was obvious I couldnt let the Alfa go - I am far too attached to her.

The T350 is mental - properly fast, scary, loud and soooooooo beautiful. Tere are a couple of pictures of it in my gallery.
These are not clips of my car but give you an idea of the noise these things make - mine has a sports exhaust too.

YouTube - TVR T350
YouTube - My old T350c
YouTube - TVR T350c

Even after driving a TVR the GTA still feels very, very special.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Congrats again!

How would you rate the STi after having moved on at this point?

howya TB, happy new year to you and yours

kids are grand, support staff surrently not up to the task due to new arrival in 4 weeks

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats again!

How would you rate the STi after having moved on at this point?
don't miss the comfort factor but such an easy car to drive, quickly aswell, felt full proof to be honest even if the quality was far from bomb proof.

the ppp kit made a huge difference to the in gear acceleration and i thought the delivery, even with lag, was better than the M3, certainly upto 3 figures. thereafter its shortcomings insofar as its gearings and aerodynamics became glaring.

the xjr is just like a big powerful bouncy castle on wheels, horrific in the corners but for eating the miles in comfort it is exceptional, even for a 8 year old car. i have a problem with the running costs though, seen 3.9mpg a €1,500 for 4 new tyres:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
3.9mpg - gulp! Yes a 3.0 GTV is the sensible option, or a 3.2 if you can get it..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts