Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced the brake fluid using my new Eezybleed system which worked very well.
Once it was pressurised from an old spare wheel (15 psi) it was simply a case of cracking open each bleed nipple in turn, letting some fluid drain out, closing each nipple in turn and then removing the eezybleed reservoir and putting back the lid on the fluid reservoir.

I was so pleased with myself that I thought I would also replace the clutch fluid to see if this would improve my low bite. My manual suggests the bleed nipple is on the master cylender which is under the water header tank. I move this out of the way but could not see anything obvious.

Anyone know where to bleed the clutch from and how do I get to it - from the engine bay or from under the car?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Niall

Job done. A load of balck fluid came out of the cylinder but not sure it has move the bite at all. Still, it is good to know the jobs been done.

Chris

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The black is a bad sign. Keep a close eye on fluid levels, you may find slave or master on the way out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts