Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: It's becoming a habit round here that when exiting a roundabout, the driver stays in the outside lane of the dual carraigeway they have turned into, despite there being bugger all in the inside lane and then proceeds to drive along at 50mph oblivious to people (me) behind them. Does my crust in! :mad: Not being sexist, but it's normally young lasses:rant: Get back to bloody driving school!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You're obviously not driving agressivly enough ... everyone gets out of my way :lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Some people are allergic to the throttle sometimes, and here we may drive on the other side of the road but it still happens, and it gets worse when going out of the toll booth on the highway, most people do 10mph until they realize, "ohh, i'm on the motorway"

Not sexist either, but most times it is old ladies or young girls talking on the phone.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My frustration is at a local roundabout, the two lanes of the dual carriageway turn into 3 lanes on the roundabout. But the markings on the road have totally disappeared or faded badly, so people who are not used to that roundabout see only 2 big fat lanes. I have lost count the amount of times I have had near misses in the middle lane, because of people from the 1st lane trying to take up all the room. In fact I'm now Mrs Angry from Angersville and I'm writing to the Highways Dept to tell them to get their paintbrushes out and get it sorted (I've never written a letter of complaint before, that's daunting in itself).

PS I ended up in a ditch at that roundabout a few years ago and my Volvo written off because a lorry took a dislike to the rear end of my car. Is concerned for the new Mito when it turns up in 2 weeks time.

B

·
0 Posts
Roundabouts do seem to be a problem lately.
Last 2 days Ive had the same thing , rounabout the 2 lanes become 3, the car in the right hand lane pulls away & cuts across my path & proceeds to exit off the first exit ??? None of them indicate at any point!! This has happened both times at the local Mall area where each time its a women off to the Mall .
In answer to the OP How do they pass the test ?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hmm got to agree...

some stupid moo...in an 09 astra...went from the left lane of a roundabout and cut infront of me just to get the right turn.

Sad thing is I dont believe she thought she had done anything wrong...nevertheless I was litreally 2mm off her bumper because of her stunt...

I wasn't best pleased.

·
Registered
290 Posts
People dont learn to drive, they learn to pass the test on roads barely used with nothing more difficult than a left hand turn.

Then they get let out in the wide world where they have no idea what to do, get in everyones way and have a strong belief that its every other persons fault...

·
Registered
156 Posts
OMG what a bunch of misogynists! I've been cut up more times than I care to mention on roundabouts by men! Arrogant ***** who seem to think that they rule the road. Just the other week I had some bloke pull out in front of me as I was going round to the right and then instead of putting his foot down he came to a full on stop and started shaking his fist at me. Yes I know you get some dopey blondes trying to put her lippy on but on the whole the worst driving I've seen has been committed by men (usually in white vans or BMWs).

Generalisations over - my point is that there are some real dafties on the roads these days of both genders!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
OMG what a bunch of misogynists! I've been cut up more times than I care to mention on roundabouts by men! Arrogant ***** who seem to think that they rule the road. Just the other week I had some bloke pull out in front of me as I was going round to the right and then instead of putting his foot down he came to a full on stop and started shaking his fist at me. Yes I know you get some dopey blondes trying to put her lippy on but on the whole the worst driving I've seen has been committed by men (usually in white vans or BMWs).

Generalisations over - my point is that there are some real dafties on the roads these days of both genders!
No offence...but women, are not better...half of them sit there ****ing bout with make up or chatting on there phone...paying no attention and run straight through red lights etc.

They also can't park well :D (ducks in Cover)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
No offence...but women, are not better...half of them sit there ****ing bout with make up or chatting on there phone...paying no attention and run straight through red lights etc.

:lol: couldn't have put it better myself ... your training is complete :thumbs:

·
Registered
247 Posts

Get out in the open you wimp, I've got my frying pan at the ready.:lol::lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Wiggum! You can't say a funny joke and then explain it to all the idiots who don't follow the news, leave those losers be, :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
no one seems to indicate anymore. especially on roundabouts.
That's quite annoying. Usually the anti-social vehicles (BMW, Audi, SUVs) and the ignorant vehicles (MPVs, SUVs, girl racers) I sometimes pretend I'm going to pull out on them, THEN they put the indicator on to the next turnoff.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts