Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
46,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, where do I get decent mats?
Mangos had a look through their catalogue, and couldn't find any GTA specific ones, there were either cheap 156 mats (complete with tacky looking Alfa 156 badge) or expensive 156 mats (complete with £60 price tag :eek: )

Then, where do I look for replacement side repeaters? And do I get clear, smoked, black or see if red ones are available?
I don't think red ones would look any good, but am prepared to be proved wrong if anyone knows whether they exist, and has pics of them on a red car.

·
Administrator
46,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and while I'm at it, any secrets to getting Selenia Racing cheap?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
You could ping oilman about the oil perhaps?

The GTa specific mats are ferociously expensive, I think I was quoted 150 euro or something for them!! I only wanted the drivers one, but the set had to be bought atomically, so it wasn't :lol:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think Vantastic said you can get red side repeaters from Halfords

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Right,

Mats.....just got a free set of 156 ones, but you can get custom made ones quite cheap, do a google search.

Side repeaters.....I got a pair from the AO shop. Not sure if its still open, if not try flea bay or here
http://www.autodeltashop.com/index.php?cPath=23_66

Selenia Racing oil can be purchased from Fiat dealers if any easier, or try Millers

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I got my clear side repeaters from a Peugeot dealership... for free! :D

I also forked out £60 for the 156 mats. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
46,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got weird little plastic things in my footwell, which I assume are for holding the mats still. Do these work well? And do they work with custom mats?
And no-one has ventured an opinion yet about which colour repeaters would be best.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Ive got the original orange ones on this GTA, Ive still got the smoked ones but Im loathed to put them on as I wrote off the last one with them on, and I think they may be cursed :(

As for the colour, for a garish red car :D I would think the darker ones.

Oh and those plastic thingys will probably be to hold the GTA specific mats. They came as standard on the GTA (the mats I mean), the fact yours hasnt got them is they've probably worn out cos they're pants

·
Administrator
46,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see.
So you wouldn't necessarily recommend holding out for proper GTA ones anyway then?

Are you sure it was the repeaters which were cursed? Maybe the icey road was cursed? ;)

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
True, it may have been cursed, certainly wasnt gritted like!

I have painful memories of removing the indicators whilst it was sitting there looking all forlorn :(

The standard GTA mats are slightly thicker than cardboard and just as bendy! Theres a thread about them in the GTA bit i think

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The little clips do hold the mats superbly.
While they look great - the fundamental issue with the mats is that your heel will wear a hole in one spot on the matt after about two years.

Unless somebody finds another mat that will fit the clips I will be forced to get them at the rip off price.
I'm still on the originals after 4 1/2 years but there is a big hole now.
This time I will fit a small bit of black velcro over the pressure area of my heel to prevent wear, it seems to stick very well, I have always had all the GTA insignia covered up like this since my car is debadged. Its barely noticable.

I see.
So you wouldn't necessarily recommend holding out for proper GTA ones anyway then?

Are you sure it was the repeaters which were cursed? Maybe the icey road was cursed? ;)

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
bazza, for the mats the father got some from autostyle ( i think that's what they're called ???) you can design them yourself and the fit on his GTA is perfect, probably better than factory ones !!! and they fit the plastic mat holders too.:)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Side repeaters have to be white (with the textured bits). The clear ones are completely clear like glass and you can see the bulb holders. Red or smoked would be quite ridiculous obviously.
;)
You can get genuine white Alfa ones which don't leak and turn green with algae because they were fitted to the big nose 156. I got some off Ebay from Partsworld for less than £20.

The luxury 156 mats (£60) are expensive but last extremely well.

·
Administrator
46,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I'm a bit confused now about the mats. Does the standard 156 have the same weird plastic clips for mats as the GTA?
That Autostyle looks promising, except the mat price they're coming out with is £60, and I can get the genuine luxury Alfa ones for that price anyway, and I'd assume they also fit the clips.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
The luxury mats I had had those things you screw in yourself and then turn the top of them to lock them in place.

Are you on about the round disk things in the carpet?
:confused:

·
Administrator
46,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you on about the round disk things in the carpet?
:confused:
Yeah, dead right. I can't for the life of me work out how they hold a carpet in place...

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Our 147 has got those too. I just ignored them and stuck the luxury bath mats over the top and screwed the turny things in.
;)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Firstly, where do I get decent mats?
Mangos had a look through their catalogue, and couldn't find any GTA specific ones, there were either cheap 156 mats (complete with tacky looking Alfa 156 badge) or expensive 156 mats (complete with £60 price tag :eek: )

Then, where do I look for replacement side repeaters? And do I get clear, smoked, black or see if red ones are available?
I don't think red ones would look any good, but am prepared to be proved wrong if anyone knows whether they exist, and has pics of them on a red car.
Repeaters £18

EBSpares

I got the Alfa luxury mats with the t200 grid plates on top.

T200 grid

1 - 20 of 27 Posts