Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy

Over the weekend, the missus took the GT out to put some fuel in it (I was away) and she could get the cap open (hatch opened fine). When I got home, I went out and was able to unscrew the cap no problem. Weird.

Anyway, I noticed a small (half and inch or so) spring sitting in the hatch. I've attached pics (in the first one, the spring is sitting below the fuel cap-this is where I found it). Not sure where this came from? The last time there was fuel put in the car it was at a 'full service' station where the attendant opened the cap and pumped the fuel.

Does't seem like a big deal, but I hate 'loose ends'

Attachments

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Howdy

Over the weekend, the missus took the GT out to put some fuel in it (I was away) and she could get the cap open (hatch opened fine). When I got home, I went out and was able to unscrew the cap no problem. Weird.

Anyway, I noticed a small (half and inch or so) spring sitting in the hatch. I've attached pics (in the first one, the spring is sitting below the fuel cap-this is where I found it). Not sure where this came from? The last time there was fuel put in the car it was at a 'full service' station where the attendant opened the cap and pumped the fuel.

Does't seem like a big deal, but I hate 'loose ends'
Not sure :confused: part of the cap locking ??

Anyway - your car looks filthy :tut: :tut:

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts