Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want do go somewhere with my girlfriend this weekend for my birthday, but I don't know where.

I live in Southampton, and don't want to go much more than 2hrs away. I want to keep the cost down too, but to make it interesting for both of us. I want to stay over Saturday night, do something Sunday and come back Sunday evening.

BUT NOT LONDON.

Suggest away. Windsor castle is looking the best option so far. We like visiting historical places, but would consider something like Longleat too (which is shut apparently :().

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
What about Brighton? Walk on the beach (and freeze!) :lol: Go shopping in the lanes etc etc ;) Only about 90 mins from Southampton, probably less in a GTA :lol: :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Blindfold the girlfriend and go for a walk down the lanes :lol:
Now thats a great suggestion, how about coming along the coast a bit and visiting Bournemouth or Weymouth :) you can have the same sea breeze ( gale force ten ) bit with different Donkeys on the beach :lol:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Bath is lovely, lots of historical places to visit and the spa is brilliant if you can stretch the budget to that.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
For fear of stating the obvious, Beaulieu....historic house and grounds and the small matter of the car museum, right on your doorstep. and theres quite a nice hotel nearby.

PS why not London?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For fear of stating the obvious, Beaulieu....historic house and grounds and the small matter of the car museum, right on your doorstep. and theres quite a nice hotel nearby.

PS why not London?
I live next door to Beaulieu. I wouldn't need a hotel, I could walk there!

London is costly, and been there done that.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Bath is lovely, lots of historical places to visit and the spa is brilliant if you can stretch the budget to that.
I was going to suggest Bath. The Roman baths are great to look around and the Thermae Spa is divine... ahhhhh. The 'twighlight package' at the Thermae Spa is pretty good value and it is beautiful sitting in the rooftop pool watching the sun go down.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Brighton isn't a bad idea. Anything to do there?
Copiously - if you need help with that, I'll be practicing :)

If you want history though, the pavilion has buckets of it, there's also a ghost tour; I believe it starts outside the Pump House pub (close to Brighton Town Hall) in the evenings.

There's also the the palace pier and the Brighton eye (they're next to each other). I haven't been on the eye yet but it looks alright.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts