Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 1995 V6 155. It is lovely and fast etc. However I am in desperate need of an interior clock. Mine has developed

'Utterly knackered, need a new panel mate' disease. As quoted by a friend!

The clock still glows but now shows a huge black blob in the centre and no digits. It is knackered! Where can I get another one. Alfa dealers want £130 for the clock plus pamel etc. with the warning lights on.

Please help. Is driving me up the wall!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi andymac why havent you been to me..£130 for a clock bet that was marshals. :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
I had this problem in my last 155. Guess how I fixed it? By tapping on the drivers door with an XR3i! Now my clock works fine, my mileage has decreased by 10k and my paint has changed shade (and it is not red either).

:D

Sorry AndyMac, you probably don't know the history of my 155 ownership! If Jimmybob can't help, there are 155's in breakers at Grantham apparently.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive got the same problem in the Q4.. anyone know what size\type LCD it is? It should be fairly easy to drop a new LCD in.

A

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
f2g i was thinking the same thing you can get a clock from somthing else and graft it in.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rswww.com
had to shorten the link cos it stuffs up the page.

i know the link is massive but it looks like it will fit the car.there are others on this site you will have to look through them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice one, may well end up spending some more quality time with my trusty soldering iron next weekend! Any ideas

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from memory I don't even think they solder in.. I think they just clip into the contacts! hopefully nice & easy. :) - fatal last words!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I shall have to wait until I have had the courage to attack the dash and have a good look!!!

As I always say, if it does work first time, belt it harder with the hammer!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi andymac i can do you a thermostat for £22 inc vat and delivery.they are only available as a genuine part. also i have found a genuine drivers side mirror for £139.inc vat.(complete)but it will need painting as they come pre-primed but not painted..if you let me know asap i can sort it out and order them for you.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers very much. I have persuaded the chap that I bought the car from that he should fix the mirror electrics as a goodwill gesture! Hooray! I am still after that thermostat though.

I was speaking to my local motor factor who has suggested that I strip the thermostat down and take him the knackered one. He then says that the likelyhood is that he will be able to measure up the existing one and find a good fit from another manufacturers part. I am intending to try this first this weekend. However is this a bright idea? or am I likely to further stuff the cooling system. It didn't get warm enough to break a fast idle on the 15 mile journey to work today. That ain't good! Probably best to have a genuine one in there eventually so could you order me one and PM me a postal address and I shall wing you a cheque by trusty carrier pigeon (faster than Royal Mail but thats another gripe all together!)

Cheers much

Andy

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JB...........why have you got a singing fruit on your signature? Is there something you wanna tell us wink

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i was gona nick the drummer gang from A.O still might.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts