Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I need to connect my DVR camera to a +12V supply that is only there when the engine is running. Is there somewhere easy to connect to please?

I have no workshop manual to find it for myself (where do I get one from a reliable source is probably my next question?)

Cheers
James

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Can I bump this one please?

I'd be happy with a connection to the cigarette lighter but where do the wires run? I don't want to get the wrong ones!

Anyone have a picture?

Cheers
James

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi

Can I bump this one please?

I'd be happy with a connection to the cigarette lighter but where do the wires run? I don't want to get the wrong ones!

Anyone have a picture?

Cheers
James
Check the diagrams in ELEARN, they are your friend! They also describe colors (although in itallian)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the diagrams in ELEARN, they are your friend! They also describe colors (although in itallian)
Hi Kid

I don't have elearn, all the versions on the net look very dodgy. Also I don't think that you can get one for the TBi unless you are a garage. Devious of people to do that - it amounts to price fixing if you have to go to a garage!

Cheers
James

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Kid

I don't have elearn, all the versions on the net look very dodgy. Also I don't think that you can get one for the TBi unless you are a garage. Devious of people to do that - it amounts to price fixing if you have to go to a garage!

Cheers
James
True, there is no version of ELEARN for the TBi. But, outside of the engine loom or engine specific things, it is still a great help. Expecially the wiring diagrams and connector numbers, locations and pinouts.

this is my copy of ELEARN

·
Registered
133 Posts
I tend to take a simple approach :

Multimeter in the cabin fuse box to find a switched live. Use one of those fuse carrier things which turns one fuse slot into two, and connect a cigarette lighter socket to that. Then hide the socket close to where I want the camera / sat nav / whatever.
Makes it easier to move things between cars if I want to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts