Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Where are the engine removal threads?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kaston 
#1 ·
I need to remove the engine in my 156 (2.0 TS). I have the use of an engine crane and the radiator is already out. I know there are threads on here about how to take the engine out because I have seen them in the past. Typically, when I need a thread I can't find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers

#4 ·
I used this for a Gtv once and dropped the engine and gearbox together out from the bottom onto a 4 wheeled trolley then rolled out.

it's for a 145/146 but the fundamentals will be the same as a 156 as they were for the Gtv for me

http://www.alfa145.com/upload/Alfa145Manual/Volume%201/Engine/engine%201970%20ts.PDF

Only other memorable advise I can offer is do give yourself plenty of room, take your time and keep your tools organised. I got mine out in a day by myself with breaks and didnt have a hoist (just trolley jacks, blocks of wood and some old spare steel wheels stacked to support the car once up in the air :eek:)

At times it was a pita but I actaully felt like i had bonded more with the Gtv after doing it.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.