Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
Are these records available to the public? How do you go about accessing them? I can't find anyway of doing it via the internet and I don't know whether I want to.
Just type his name into Google and maybe the town he lives as well.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Guy's, you have to look at this both objectively and subjectively. And please before you berate me, I liked Zulu's post's as much as the next man.

I know closure is an accepted way of life, now, but ZF might not have realised that.

Subjectively:
a) ZF got bored
b) ZF didn't like the last incarnation of Alfa Forum, for it was a terrible thing, with many flaws
c) He bought a tank and decided Alfa's were not his bag any more...
d) A family/health problem.

Objectively, if anything has happened, given the time frame since his last post, I would think it inappropriate to write a letter to enquire. It's his business and his families business to either let us know or not. It would certainly be rude to either emotionally blackmail him into coming back, or to upset the family if he has indeed passed.

Some things are better left undiscovered.

I really do respect everyone for their concern for a fellow forum member, though.

·
Premium Member
77,034 Posts
Guy's, you have to look at this both objectively and subjectively. And please before you berate me, I liked Zulu's post's as much as the next man.

I know closure is an accepted way of life, now, but ZF might not have realised that.

Subjectively:
a) ZF got bored
b) ZF didn't like the last incarnation of Alfa Forum, for it was a terrible thing, with many flaws
c) He bought a tank and decided Alfa's were not his bag any more...
d) A family/health problem.

Objectively, if anything has happened, given the time frame since his last post, I would think it inappropriate to write a letter to enquire. It's his business and his families business to either let us know or not. It would certainly be rude to either emotionally blackmail him into coming back, or to upset the family if he has indeed passed.

Some things are better left undiscovered.

I really do respect everyone for their concern for a fellow forum member, though.
agree - however in another thread I am currently in the process of vividly depicting an anal examination, which I feel Zed might have appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
44,892 Posts
agree - however in another thread I am currently in the process of vividly depicting an anal examination, which I feel Zed might have appreciated.
No way. You didn't even use some sort of sharpened toothbrush. He'd have been scathing.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
We all do Steve, you are our Shakespeare when it comes to creatively describing an anal penetration, whether it be by a qualified proctologist or perhaps a stranger with royal security guards on standby.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
I dunno... maybe it's a British thing to be polite and not make a fuss... but it's all a bit anal and we're over-analysing the what's, ifs and maybe's...

My take on it is either;

1) Zulu is fed up/bored/disinterested in the forum
2) Zulu has come a cropper and/or is some other way no longer able to communicate with the forum

If someome sent him a Christmas card and enquired after his health, he can either;
a) Ignore it
b) He could come on here (if he is still around) just to let us know he is alive but actually he hates us etc. so won't be coming back
c) He's been sent to a nursing home/asylum where there's no Wi-Fi etc,

If he's an ex-tanker, deceased, dead, kicked the bucket or no more, then all we'll be doing is sending something to an address where his relatives live, or used to live. I don't know anyone who ever got offended when someone else tried to contact a deceased relative (unless it was chasing a debt). If a bunch of strangers miss Zulu and/or care about what's happened to him, it's more likely to bring some happiness.

Press "launch" on the letter/card idea and stop the anguished dicking about.

Ralf S.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts