Registered
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I share that sentiment, Chris.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I'm with Chris on this I think.
I'm also tending to agree with Chris, but what if someone knew the reason Zulu wasn't posting and wanted to share it? (I don't know the reason by the way)

Would that be wrong?

Good, bad, indifferent news is always shared on this forum.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hmm. I guess if the reason he wasn’t posting was personal (and I know that’s quite a broad church), I don’t think the person holding that knowledge should post the personal reason.

Maybe they could say he’s not posting for a (not disclosed) personal reason, but he is ok (allowing for ok to be relative for why he’s not posting). Make sense?

Again, any additional perspectives here are welcome. Don’t think there’s a hard n fast rule on this one, folks.

·
Registered
26,098 Posts
I believe that I would appreciate it if some of the people I had come to like and exchange views with over years of joint membership of a club such as this one would inquire as to my well-being.
Whether it is appropriate interweb behavior: I have no clue.

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
I would say that sending a letter would be ok.

It shows concern and if he wanted to he could simply ignore it...
I agree with Symon, it shows concern and the letter can easily be ignored.

Even if there is news that we would rather not want to know, then at least we do know and will not need to spend the next n days, weeks, months etc speculating about his situation.
If the subject in question was a member of your family, you would want to know, correct?

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
I wouldn't recommend sending a letter.
Any reason why?
Not sure what Sif's reason is for thinking this,
but my reason for agreeing with him is the concern that if (God forbid!) ZF has shuffled off this mortal coil, a letter might possibly be upsetting for the next of kin who would receive it and have to decide whether or how to respond...

·
Registered
24,517 Posts
If someone has his real name and address and doesn't want to risk upsetting a family member in the event of, well that event, then perhaps do a search of deaths on the local register?

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
If someone has his real name and address and doesn't want to risk upsetting a family member in the event of, well that event, then perhaps do a search of deaths on the local register?
Are these records available to the public? How do you go about accessing them? I can't find anyway of doing it via the internet and I don't know whether I want to.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts