Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you find yourself looking at your car in the reflection of the windows ???? ......confessional thread :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Of course I do. There's a new-ish building on Swan Street in Manchester just before Band on the Wall, it has a long glass frontage and is perfect for a few seconds of self-indulgent ogling :p

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Yep, more so when I have given it a clean!

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Absolutely a 'must do', :thumbs: , but with extreme caution, of course.:D

Back in the mid-80's, when my then pride and joy was a Rover SD1 Vitesse (don't mock, :tut: - a very underrated car in my opinion), I was heavily rear-ended by a chap in a brand new Capri 2.8. He was so busy confirming his level of coolness, :rolleyes: , he only realised I was there when he saw his reflection and my reflection in the same pane of glass, :mad:.

Resting peacefully in that big car park in the sky, :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
^^^^ I like that a lot :)
Me too.

I was too young to drive when the SD1 was live and kicking but it was one of my aspirational cars at the time (along with, ahem, the 2.8 Capri :D ).

I still like the looks of the SD1.....

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Why of course I do :D

Also if you stop behind a shiney vehicle in traffic you sometimes get a lovely sight of the front of your own bella :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
YES!! It is always a pleasure to admire the car in shop window reflections! I also like the SD1, the neighbour across the road had three in a row when I was a young child, and I thought they always looked uber cool!! They still do!!!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I used to do that where I lived before.
The ground floor apartments had full height windows so I could see the car in them.
I am sure the people that lived there though I was some freaky peeping tom spying on them, but I still did it :)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Its obligatory isn't it?
There is a block of flats that have mirrored glass on the ground floor just before a set of lights near me and its funny looking back along the row, everyone does it even people in Nissan Micra's and vans:lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I drive past a big Mercedes dealership just outside Ascot where they have massive plate glass windows. The traffic is often slow there so I turn to look at the car's reflection. They probably think I am looking at the Mercs but I am in fact thinking how much better the Alfa looks than a load of fat old men's barges.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
*Nope not ever :lol:

All the time in every car!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I do, but just to check nothing has fallen off.
Go Alfa!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts