Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33,228 Posts
Yes , I have a French colleague with whom I speak French with as English an accent as possible . He's impressed by the vocabulary but not the delivery !

V

·
0 Posts
I guess sometimes I am, yes.

But what really surprises me is when I hear a recording of my voice - I don't like my voice!

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
Probably not. People who know me say I talk posh (for me) on the phone but I'm not aware of it.

V

·
0 Posts
Yes! That's it!

The sidetone on the earpiece (you can hear yourself on it) makes you talk 'posher'.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I definitely speak with a southern / Brighton accent but I am not a cockney / Londoner :mad:

I dislike the way that I say grass (gra-hs) - it should be pronounced like gas.

·
Registered
37,362 Posts
I try not to speak with an accent, but if I hear a recording of myself it makes me cringe.

Although my accent isn't too bad, some of the older people around here have really strong Oxfordshire accents, and to be honest it sounds terrible.

Imagine a cross between Bradley Smith and Pam Ayres and you are mostly there. ;)

·
Banned
187 Posts
From Yorkshire live in Manchester.
Get constant stick here about my accent but to be honest they all sound like scallies here :)
Lived in Bradford for a while they are slightly more broad Yorkshire accent than me.More Man U fans in Bradford than in Manchester.

·
Banned
299 Posts
I am, yes. Always trying to hide the inner west country accent in me...

For goodness sake why???? You should be proud of your accent whatever it's origin, regional accents are brilliant and should be nurtured.

I hate it when these middle english numpties go prattling on about how we should all learn to speak in some horriblt boring and dull middle english accentless way.

Be loud and proud Gloucester, or wherever!:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
For goodness sake why???? You should be proud of your accent whatever it's origin, regional accents are brilliant and should be nurtured.

I hate it when these middle english numpties go prattling on about how we should all learn to speak in some horriblt boring and dull middle english accentless way.

Be loud and proud Gloucester, or wherever!:thumbs:
Amen to that. I love accents and really enjoy trying to place them accurately.

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
always

my problem is that mine switches about, depending on my company

the other week I was in a meeting surrounded by geordie business folk, and sat next to a deeply accented Sheffield lad

I was all over the place

if a jamaican had sat down I'd have had to leave

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Not aware of my accent and like others have said, I don't particularly like the sound of it when played back.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts