Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1.9 JTD 147 (53) with 68,000 on the clock. The last service was done June 2008 by the previous owner at Alfa Romeo Piccadilly in Knaresborough. The sticker they left in the car indicates the next service is due at 68,000, which i have just passed. Looking in the service book the next service due is the 72,000 miles one so im a little confused.

Is it worth getting the service done now at 68k since its been 12 months since the last or do i wait till i hit 72k?

Cheers

Ben

D

·
0 Posts
Service should be done now ie 12 months
As for cam belt it should have been done on age at 5 years ie 2008 at latest
Check the service history to see if that was done if not needs done asap.

·
0 Posts
Not JTD's or V6's - I should have noted the 'age' thing myself when answering in my first post :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for the response guys, although i should have known to put cambelt history in before you all jumped in lol! I got the non alfa dealer to change to cam belt when i purchased it in jan 09, he didnt do the waterpump though but i think this is ok in the 8v JTD's?

How much do you think id be looking at pricewise at my local indy (alfatech - huddersfield) without cambelt?

Can you tell me of anything else which is good to get done while its in for its service, ive read its best to get the pollen filter done as well, is that true?

Cheers

Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts