Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks new to Alfas, bought GT JTDM late 06, 42 thousand miles on clock I know all about the Cam belt and water pump issues.The problem is do i do at the next service or can I wait till the next one at 60 thousand. your thoughts would be appreciated :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
It may very well be absolutely fine until 60K. But are you willing to take the risk????

Did mine at 68K and 3 years. Age is a factor as well as mileage. And it is always good for peace of mind.

Search on here, plenty of stories of pumps/belts going bang at 40K+ mark with 4+ years old......

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it also necessary to replace the water pump, oil, oil filter etc when the cam belt is replaced?

Just been quoted roughly 10,000 Swedish Crowns (about a thousand quid). :eek: Labour costs are expensive across the board though here, not just with mechanics.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Is it also necessary to replace the water pump, oil, oil filter etc when the cam belt is replaced?

Just been quoted roughly 10,000 Swedish Crowns (about a thousand quid). :eek: Labour costs are expensive across the board though here, not just with mechanics.
Oil and filter should be 12,000 miles or 1 year which ever come first. Cambelt must have tensioners, water pump and belt done (MUST) 4 years 50,000 miles max.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts