Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two years I've been driving a 156 2.4jtd multijet which I love. Recently I've been thinking of changing to a 159. Not sure whether to change now or wait to next year. Where I live - East of Scotlnd - there are not many used 159s available and the prices seem high. When the 156 came out the prices held up for the first few years then fell sharply. Is this likely to happen with the 159?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Speaking to my dealer in the midlands the market for new Alfa's is healthy because their emissions are attractive for tax. However the trade in on other bigger cars that people want to trade down from is so bad the the Alfa dealer can't move them on. Hence sales are poor right now.

Consequently you might find second hand values holding higher than other makes.

One tip I would give you is not to go for a standard Lusso 159, if you have the 'sex on wheels' 156 2.4 Tdi (I had two and still miss them) then you will want the 2.4 Ti to find any comparable driving satisfaction.

One other point is that you won't get anywhere near the same consumption out of a 159. Your 156 is probably giving you 40+mpg. Don't expect anything better than 31-35mpg from the 159.

Maybe a good reason for holding tight right now!

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts