Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

quick question regarding the VDC on my 159 ti. Ive done a few hair raising roundabouts since ive had the car and also have found that the tyres slip if you sharply accelerate from a stand still at a junction or going round a bend. The tyre slipping is inevitable for a front wheel car and im sure everybody must have pulled out of a junction quickly when its a little wet and felt the fronts lose grip.

However the VDC warning light never comes on. Other cars i have owned, the warning lights usually would have come on at this time.

Is this abnormal? as i have recently installed a child seat, want to make sure the vdc is working when i have the little one in the back ( ps i dont drive like a nutter when the little one's in the car it doesnt put her to sleep lol)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i couldnt work this out on the mito either, so i did some tests, on a wet bridge under controlled conditions

the light only comes on when both wheels spin, or it is in the mito. as when pulling out of junctions only one ever spins i find

1 - 3 of 3 Posts