Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a MA TCT from Motorpoint at the end of last year. It was one of their delivery mileage only ones and was, in effect, a brand new car other than it had been standing around for a few months.

I do about 12000 miles a year and I realise the intervals are 9000miles/12months. The car was registered in May last year. So purely from the point of view of the warranty, should the first service be done in May after which I will have done about 5000 miles and then every 9000 miles or can I wait until I've done 9000 miles which will be around September time.

I realise there's no harm in getting it done earlier but I would be interested in others views on what would be expected for the purposes of the warranty. Interestingly the service indicator must have been reset as the time part shows the next service due 12 months from when I bought it.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I believe the Warranty period is calculated from the time the car is first registered. Hence the first service will be expected at 12 months from the commencement of the warranty.
Having reread your post re the service indicator I am now confused. Perhaps you need to check with Motorpoint when the warranty runs out as they may have reset the service indicator for delivery to you.

Certainly the MOT will be due in May.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The warranty definitely runs for 3 years from May. Confirmed on Alfa's systems. No problem with that. I'm really just trying to get at for the purposes of keeping the warranty valid, when the first service should be carried out.

I actually have another date. According to the stamp in the service book the PDI was done in July.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Well I think I might go for the earliest of 12 months or 9000 miles. It is an inspection (about £90) but if you want an oil change as well that will put the price up to about £150/£160. If you expect to keep it that might be a wise move. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Whichever comes first, 12 months or 9000 miles. My last service was at 6500 miles as a result. No point skimping on oil changes as that's a quick route to turbo failure. I'd even insist on an oil change every service and none of this inspection only nonsense.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bought a MA TCT from Motorpoint at the end of last year. It was one of their delivery mileage only ones and was, in effect, a brand new car other than it had been standing around for a few months.

I do about 12000 miles a year and I realise the intervals are 9000miles/12months. The car was registered in May last year. So purely from the point of view of the warranty, should the first service be done in May after which I will have done about 5000 miles and then every 9000 miles or can I wait until I've done 9000 miles which will be around September time.

I realise there's no harm in getting it done earlier but I would be interested in others views on what would be expected for the purposes of the warranty. Interestingly the service indicator must have been reset as the time part shows the next service due 12 months from when I bought it.

Cheers
Ditto. Except there's no stamps at all in the service book. Ta, motorpoint. Price was good though. Intend to get mine serviced in March, a year after registration, mostly for the look of it.

Don't know whether to find an Alfa main dealer or go to an independant. I guess the main dealer would bring all the software up to date, which might be a good thing?

Did yours have some slight scratches to the rear door handles? As if it's been in a garage showroom for months with the rear doors being opened and closed a lot?

dom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No scratches. In fact, I'd say it was pretty much perfect.

I don't think it ever saw an Alfa dealer. The PDI stamp in the service book was by Paragon Vehicle Services in Portbury. They deal with all of Fiat's imports (as well as a few other manufacturers) in terms of storage, handling and preparation as they come into the UK at Portbury. For the past couple of years they have also had a contract for all of Fiat's direct fleet sales so they handle the preparation and delivery to fleet customers too.

Very happy with the car. No rattles or any real issues really. Perhaps the stop/start is a little, well, stop-start but reading here that seems to be common. I think I'll get the first service done in May so it ties in with the registration date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts