Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Just bought a Sportwagon but I won't be driving it so want to get a refund on the tax.

It comes with tax until the end of January.

I'm sending the logbook off Monday morning (The guy gave me the whole thing by mistake, :rolleyes: ) and will probably get my logbook for the car back in a few weeks.

When am I allowed to send off the tax disc and get a refund then?

Can I do it now, or do I need to wait until I'm the registered owner of the car before doing that?

Any help would be great, :D

Cheers,
Darren

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
I think you just need the disk, a Post Office should have the right form for you to send off your tax disc with. I did this with my JTD, didn't need any paperwork. Cheque came in the post a few weeks later.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
Darren, mate, don't worry about it; in less than twelve hours, you will have sold the 156SW, and got tucked behind the wheel of your next car :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
AFAIK you just need the disc, but if you're unsure why not take it to the DVLA office behind B&Q in Filton?

when I SORN'd the 164 I did it there (weren't enough days left before the end of the month to use postie) and it wasn't too busy - probably about as quick as waiting in the P.O. queue

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought my nearest was in Swansea!!! :eek:

:lol: Guess not though! :D

I shall assume they are not open on Sundays though eh?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You only get full months worth back, so you just need to get it sorted by the end of the month ... also if you post it I believe that they take the date of termination from the date of postage rather than the date they received it ... (I sent mine via special delivery as I was claiming back 11 months!!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts