Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what other manufactures wheels will fit the 155 4 stud? ive heard vauxhall will fit. is this true? hope so!! as there's loads of 17" vauxhall fitting wheels in my local ad-mag.
beats paying £700+ for new ones from a shop.
i know fiat and lancia will fit but theres not many second hand 17" wheels about from those manufacturers. :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Deano

Any wheel with 98pcd(?) will fit and if memory serves thats what vauxhalls are. Make sure you get some without the griffon badge tho wink :D

Henry has used "varibolts" or somet similiar, from Halfords, to allow the fitment of any wheels.

wrinx

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i wanted to hear!!!! :D
i can assure you there will be no original vauxhall wheels going on my car eek!
i think some nice 5 spoke's will do me fine :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
wrinx, Vauxhall use a 100 P.C.D the same as Renault, 4 stud BMW & Volkswagen. But I think Vauxhall Use an Offset of 49mm.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dai

Thanks for that, knew vauxhall have an unusual pcd but couldnt remember what it was :confused: eek!

wrinx

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys,
I wouldn't touch Vauxhall wheels since they are very particular indeed. Their offset is NEGATIVE 49mm i.e. ET-49mm not ET49mm
You will seriously bugger your dynamics if these will fit at all.

Remember that offset is very important if you want to keep the finely tuned driving characteristics of your cars. On a 2.0L 16V the offset for the 7X16" alloy wheels is 40mm if you remove the spacer fitted between the hub and the wheel itself (this being 5mm thick) you can fit 35mm offset wheels, these being a lot more popular.

You can also fit 4/100PCD wheels with special bolts to adapt for the difference in PCD.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check what your offset is before chucking a lot of money away!!! Millimeters make a hell of a difference in this game.

Regards,

Taz.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys,
I forgot to tell you that different diameters of wheels also necessitate different offsets to keep the all important steering geometry within the recommended parameters.

Have a look in your 155 Owners Manuals for offsets on the back page I think; they should be listed alongside the tyre pressures.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw... i've a 2.0 ts 16v.. no spacers here... standard alfa fitted 15 'telephone dial' wheels...

were the spacers only on the 5spokes??

J

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glow in the dark wheels Man !!! I gotta get a set to go with my under car neons and neon window washers.

Marlon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts