Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 156 has these 16 inch wheels fitted. Are they factory...? Standard to which model...? (Linked)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yes they are factory 16's. Can't remeber what car model they came on. See a lot on JTD's :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Would like to locate another one to replace the space saver spare the car carries... Haven't seen them on any other Alfa to date... Thanks for your input, gives me some clues...! :)

I knew they weren't standard to this car, the wheelbrace in the toolkit doesn't fit...

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
I knew they weren't standard to this car, the wheelbrace in the toolkit doesn't fit...
Do you mean the bolt head is a different size?
Early 156 used 19mm hex, later 156 used 17mm hex. The bolt length being exactly the same for both.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Std on 2002 156 Lusso.

There was also a 16" GTA Winter wheel in the same style.
Yes its in my handbook as it fits over 305's

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes David, 17 mm head size.

I'm not sure about the exhaust either, it seems rather big bore to be standard... It sounds great though...! Mind you, my old 2.0 155 sounded pretty good too, even with a considerably smaller diameter exhaust system. Apart from the noisy timing chain of course...

I long ago noticed that exhaust note seems to be pretty important to Italian car (and motorcycle!) makers.

Joss, does that mean I can fit a set of GTA Brembos to my car without changing wheels...? I had thought that 17" rims would be necessary...

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
Yes David, 17 mm head size.
Ok, for some reason the previous owner used the later bolts.
Get a 60cm breaker-bar and a deep 17mm socket.
Easy to keep in the boot and far more useful than the std tool.

I'm not sure about the exhaust either, it seems rather big bore to be standard...
The std exit is quite large.

does that mean I can fit a set of GTA Brembos to my car without changing wheels...?
No.
The GTA ones are different, they just look the same.

I had thought that 17" rims would be necessary...
The 305 Brembos fit under the right 16" wheels.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
If you want to fit brembos like i did to my jtd you will need gta uprights. It complicated but perfectly possible. Mito brembos can be made to fit also with work :) there are various write ups on here about it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts