Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all i know i have just got some new wheels but i may have these 13 inch revolutions that my brother has as i have given up getting 14 inch ones what do you think they would look like on my sud and do you think 13 inch wheels are a bit small .
here is a pic of the wheels on my old sud tix ,if i get them im going to paint them white i think.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They would look good Pat, if you dont decide to keep them I might be interested depending on the width. If you are looking for 14's I have a set of lancia 5 spokes that I was going to run on the race car.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I think the 5 spokes look good on any car, revs on Alfa's especially.
I think the 13's will only look wriong if you start fitting rubber band tyres. Just lower it a bit a nd stick with 185's and I think you will be laughing. Plenty of other things to spend money on with Alfa's.
The other thing is what are you going to be doing with the car? If its motorway cruising larger dia wheels and tyres will reduce revs and increase mpg. If its thrashing down the lanes smaller dia will improve accel.

rsfruitbat

·
Registered
365 Posts
I like the wheels, Get them on and lower her 35 mm would look great. Maybe paint them silver? Your old car looks great. Sud looks good in the black! How could you sell her?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the wheels, Get them on and lower her 35 mm would look great. Maybe paint them silver? Your old car looks great. Sud looks good in the black! How could you sell her?
to get the series two as it was better condition and all my suds in the past have been series threes i decided that the series two would be a good car and i got her for £2000 which i think considering how good she is was a good price.
if i could have afforded it i would have kept the black one as well.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the 5 spokes look good on any car, revs on Alfa's especially.
I think the 13's will only look wriong if you start fitting rubber band tyres. Just lower it a bit a nd stick with 185's and I think you will be laughing. Plenty of other things to spend money on with Alfa's.
The other thing is what are you going to be doing with the car? If its motorway cruising larger dia wheels and tyres will reduce revs and increase mpg. If its thrashing down the lanes smaller dia will improve accel.

rsfruitbat
im thinking of going for the revolutions as like you said they would look better and as im going to lower the car they should look alright.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
13" seems soooo small these days :lol:

·
Registered
234 Posts
13" seems soooo small these days :lol:
Yes but very cheap for the super sticky tyres - caterham size...
Toyo 888 Yoko's etc over 30 % cheaper 185 60 13 CW 14's
We ran a mixture the other day at combe older 14 soft at the front newer 13 super soft at the back made it less lairy and went round the twisty stuff as quick as any other tin top.
Did look a bit odd I'll admit but did the Job.
Still prefer the 14 rev's overall for looks it has to be said.
KR James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts